PDA

View Full Version : Peprami given the Black Hole treatment

Droid
20-03-2005, 15:10
I love Peperami and I know that they are pretty compact, but can they really compress meat to that extent (108%!!)?? :confused:

Droid
20-03-2005, 15:46
Well I mailed the manufacturer's asking where my extra 8% pork was, because it wasn't in the packet. Should be interesting to see their reply (if they answer at all) :D

The Balrog
20-03-2005, 15:46
LOL. Go and get your money back :D

Droid
21-03-2005, 21:10
Now I aint all that clever on facts, but does this reply sound right to you?

"Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your enquiry.

Peperami is a salted and cured spicy meat snack.

The weight of the raw meat going into Peperami exceeds the weight of the end product because the recipe loses moisture, and therefore loses weight, during the fermentation, drying and smoking process.

Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards"

Sounds like technobabble BS to me :chin:

The Balrog
21-03-2005, 21:34
Lol, they might have a point, never really loooked at it like that.

Mortlake
21-03-2005, 21:41
You could always point out that the advertised ingredients are therefore wrong , there is no 'PORK' at all in the product only 'DRIED FERMENTED SMOKED PORK' , and less than 100% because of the other ingedients :rolleyes:

Droid
21-03-2005, 21:49
That might be worth a try. Cheers Mortlake.

Radar
21-03-2005, 22:18
since 100% is 'everything', the entire object etc., there can be no 108%.

108% would be 1 Peperami + a bit of a 2nd Peperami.

It should read 90% processed pork, ?? % pork fat etc etc - statement made by the Food Technology Director of a large food manufacturer this afternoon.

His second statement was along the lines of.........'Dear f***, you mean people eat that $***? it should read 108% cr*p!'

And considering the additives that normally go into food, thats a rather damning indictment :)

Droid
21-03-2005, 22:31
:lol: Sweet! It's as bad as admitting you eat kebabs, but everyone does don't they? :D

MAOJC
21-03-2005, 22:58
Just think how well preserved one would be. Now I wonder what part of the pig they get that 108% from! :lol:

Mojo
22-03-2005, 00:38
And considering the additives that normally go into food, thats a rather damning indictment :)

:nod: Just redone all the kiddy food menus here and removed all the processed crap that parents wanted before - fishies, turkey dinos, chicken nuggets....

For some reason now they don't want them, maybe because they now know just how AWFUL the stuff they were piling into their kids was?

drezha
22-03-2005, 09:21
:lol: Sweet! It's as bad as admitting you eat kebabs, but everyone does don't they? :D
Yes...Yes I do....

TO often...:Puke:

But I like them... :D

Dam unhealthy but nice to finish my saturday shifts on...
1.29 for 2??? It'd be rude not to eat them! :D

As for crap processed stuff...Go Jamie Oliver and his campaign to rid schools of processed crap! :D :thumbsup:

Preecey
22-03-2005, 10:06
They are right, the total amount of meat that went into the start of the manufacturing was a greater weight than the end product. If you look at most resteraunt menus, the weight stated for cuts of meat, are the uncooked weight with a small note saying so, as it will loose a small amount of weight during cooking (mostly loss of water)

so with the pepperami god knows what they do to the meat :confused:

KefKef
22-03-2005, 11:31
:nod: Just redone all the kiddy food menus here and removed all the processed crap that parents wanted before - fishies, turkey dinos, chicken nuggets....

For some reason now they don't want them, maybe because they now know just how AWFUL the stuff they were piling into their kids was?

Plus the fact it is now seen as being fashionable not to give your kids this type of stuff as Jamie Oliver wouldn't even give it to his dog!

PMM
22-03-2005, 12:58
But there selling an end product....

Unless your re-hydrating... see Pot Noodles for example ;)
then unless they surely declare that water is to be added
in the list then its still incorrect ?

/edit... Thinking about it we certainly don't do that with the processed cheese
its based on the end product not what went into the mixing kettle.

andylamb
22-03-2005, 14:46
"loses weight, during the fermentation, drying and smoking process."

now excuse me if im wrong but i did not know that food snaks went on diets...
and if there is a 108% but the snak looses weight then surly the % would be lower?
just thinking about what i put there is what someone has said about the weight b4 and after cooking.....should they not put the after weight as people would be expecting an extra 8% free?
and i dont know if anyone has ever brought malteasers but if you count the normal sized bags and the little kiddies packs there is only a 3 malteaser diffrance....
(well in the bags i have counted anyway.)
also with certain choco bars..whats this extra 25% free...what if u only wanted 25% of the bar?.
this stupid broadcast has been brought to you by some mad strange being from somehwre on this very planet.

kylefoulds
22-03-2005, 16:40
well i think that if the total weight of the peperami is less than the inputted meat then surley it is only 92% of the original weight not 108%? *achoooooooo* *achooooooooo* sorry i am allergic to Bull$***

PMM
22-03-2005, 17:52
You sure there's no Spam in it :D

drezha
22-03-2005, 18:58
I cant read it on the back of the pack...

Bigger photo? :p