#100 and dropping

I’m using “old skool” Antminers… not as productive as something like the S7 but they are quite efficient power wise… the Antimer U1’s I have just acquired are generating 4.5 millions Boinc credits per day for roughly 4W of power…

Bitcoin Utopia no longer takes a fee from the fund-raising campaigns it runs, now they run a campaign which generates funds to help pay the cost of running Bitcoin Utopia and instead it’s optional to participate in.

After a bit of fleabay wheelerdealing I’ve sold my 5 Blade Eruptesr (336MH/s) and acquired 3 Bitmain Antminer U2’s (1.6GH/s) and made a £5 profit… and it has also seen output more that tripled…

The ASICs are currently generating donations towards the Seti@home and Free-DC fundraisers…

Our slide down the rankings has been reversed and we slowly, but surely heading upwards again!!! Hopefully we will hit the top #100 again sometime this year!!!

[QUOTE=TheFiend;467927]After a bit of fleabay wheelerdealing I’ve sold my 5 Blade Eruptesr (336MH/s) and acquired 3 Bitmain Antminer U2’s (1.6GH/s) and made a £5 profit… and it has also seen output more that tripled…

The ASICs are currently generating donations towards the Seti@home and Free-DC fundraisers…

Our slide down the rankings has been reversed and we slowly, but surely heading upwards again!!! Hopefully we will hit the top #100 again sometime this year!!![/QUOTE]

Do you have any tips on moving into this sort of crunching? I was thinking of picking up a cheapish GPU for boinc running. But again im not sure what id want and what sort of output I would be getting.

Now youve mentioned a Bitmain Antminer I have no idea what that is either but id love to have a play.

These are the Blade Erupters I’ve just sold… The replacement Bitmain Antminers are basically the same but with a finned heatsink on them

Small and very low power, but my 3 Bitmain Antminers doin 6+ million cobblestones a day…

As for GPU crunching… I’ve 2 EVGA GTX670’s that have been crunching GPUGRID for nearly 5 years now… Slow by today’s standards but still going strong and still on their original fans…

How do the Bitmain Antminers work?

Any links for info?

[QUOTE=placidsheep;467930]How do the Bitmain Antminers work?

Any links for info?[/QUOTE]

Haven’t a clue how proper “mining” works, but to od “Bitcoin Utopia” I basically just read http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=303#1409

Basically they work as a coprocessor and happily crunch away.

Sweet, I’ll check it out. And get bidding on some miners :slight_smile:

Im looking for a cheapish GPU to have as a dedicated GPU cruncher also :slight_smile: Hopefully drive up some numbers in something else rather than just Rosetta and WCG :smiley:

For CPU I’m currently crunching DENIS@Home… slightly better credit than Rosetta and I’ve just hit the top #100

DENIS uses volunteer hosts to compute large packets of cardiac electrophysiology simulations.
You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer. Click HERE to learn how to collaborate. By using the idle time of your computer, you’d be helping researchers on their research projects which require vast amounts of computing power.

Electrophysiological models are a powerful tool to study the electrical activity of cells under normal or pathological conditions. These models can also help predict the effects of drugs in heart and brain cells. These models are complex and it’s neccessary to simulate them many times (varying the conditions or model parameters). For this reason, researchers in this field usually require high computational power. We have created DENIS as a simulation infrastructure to help researchers. You can read more about research in DENIS in the section

Sadly Bitcoin Utopia is now finsihed… and my output has now dropped!!!