A slight case of Upgraditus....

Excellent numbers there Fiend! Just hope you can get it stable enough. :cool:

Currently the 1090T is running at 3.99Ghz (210 x 19) and hasn’t error’ed out on any WU yet. On the ASUS board I couldn’t get it much higher than 3.7 without losing stability.

The 1055T seems to be quite happy in the ASUS board. For some reason it just didn’t like the 1090T too much - it needed Vcore pushed up a bit too high for my liking to get even a decent stable speed. 1055T @ 1.41V… the 1090T needed 1.51V for stability.

Ahhh… the trials and tribulations of overclocking!!!

Had a few more attempts at pushing it over the magic 4.00GHz point but it has been suffering BSODs after a couple of hours… Going to have another go after work tonight - might tweak the voltage up a bit more.

I’ve put some heat-sinks on the VRM’s on the motherboard, should help a little i my quest for 4GHz. The good thing is I am not getting masses of error’ed out docking units like I was before when I pushed it to 4.1…

Tweaked the voltage up another notch and it’s running at 4.02GHz and so far have not suffered a BSOD or lass error’ed WU’s… but it did reboot itself over night!!!

:xfinger: on that setting working m8

Spoke too soon… suffered a BSOD… about 1 hour later.

Seems to run quite happily at 3.95 so I am going to leave it at that. Would have been nice to break the 4GHz, but stability is more important and 3.95 isn’t a bad overclock.

The quest for a stable overclock continues… haven’t suffered a BSOD for over a week. :smiley:

Came up with another plan of attack which seems to be working… Dropped the multi to 18.5 and everyday I up the FSB one notch… today it hit 3.995GHz and so far it is looking good. :smiley:

Once I am happy with the speed I’ll see if I can drop the voltage a little and still have a stable overclock… currently running on 1.472V.

I’m also going to try and get the 1055T running slightly higher than 3.5GHz on the Asus mobo…

18.5 x 216 = 3.996GHz Nice and stable and no BSOD in over 72 hours testing:D

18.5 x 217 = 4.0145GHz = BSOD within an hour!!! :frowning:

I know the board and memory will easily run 230+ FSB as I had my 1055T running at that for quite a while…

So… now trying 18 x 223 = 4.014GHz…

I am determined to crack a stable 4GHz as I know it’s within the capability of this mobo/RAM combination. Temps are quite decent as well with the cooler set up I am using - Coolermaster TX3 with push-pull fans.

Damn… BSOD overnight!!!

Think I’ll settle for 3.996 @1.47V, it seems quite happy at that…

Been fiddling with my 1055T on the Asus board… managed to nudge it up to 3.555Ghz and looks like there is a bit more headroom. :smiley:

I think I’ll need a bigger cooler before I push it a bit more… time to start saving for something like a Coolermaster Hyper212.

After 1 week without any BSOD on the 1090T after a little voltage tweak I have decided to have another go at 18.5 x217… :xfinger: