Bargains spotted.......

15% discount voucher for Thrify car hire, valid until 20/12/2012

I wont be using it, they wanted my online banking details to complete the vehicle rental so I walked round to Europcar and left with a bigger vehicle for the same rate.

PM me for the code.
Include an Email if you want the PDF.

http://www.ebuyer.com/339425-hitachi-4tb-touro-desk-pro-usb-3-0-hard-drive-0s03504?utm_source=b2c_15-11-2012&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=b2c_thursday

Nice find Walter!! :cool:

Some excellent under a fiver deals from Origin Games.

Some good games in there and for this price a real bargain. :slight_smile:

http://www.ebuyer.com/665518-sandisk-960gb-ultra-ii-sataiii-2-5inch-ssd-sdssdhii-960g-g25

Sandisk 960GB SSD £150 delivered at ebuyer as part of black friday deals. Ordered one for myself as my Crucial 1TB SSD is almost full already… :slight_smile:

Just looking back at this thread, right from the start, brings back memories.
All the tech we lusted after back then are paperweights now !!

Sarge.

Strange

this seems quite tasty

yup - 1TB ssd for £111

Great timing, was thinking of getting a large SSD as upgrade for video editing. At least SSD pricing seems to be generally down these days, major branded ones around £30 for 240GB, £50 for 480GB if you catch them on sale. Look at my previous post, 3 years ago on Black Friday sale I got 960GB for £150, but a more typical price then was £200 outside of that.

Subnautica is currently free to get on Epic’s store until 27th. Its been on my wish list for a while, but I never quite wanted it enough to buy it. Also works in VR for those that have/are getting it.

I’ve just paid £28 for a Pioneer branded 240GB SSD on Amazon and with free delivery!!!

Up until last night didn’t even know that Pioneer had moved into the SSD market… I wonder if it’ll last longer than the Kingston one it’s replacing…

Pioneer, as in the Japanese audio company? Haven’t heard that name in a long time if same. How old was the Kingston? Still under warranty? I had a Sandisk go before and they warranty replaced it no fuss. Haven’t had any problems with the cheap Kingston SSDs I used in crunchers, but they are crunchers so not disk activity heavy.

Well I never thought Pioneer would be into SSD’s ?

I found an interesting one on Amazon Here although I think the name is missing a ‘T’ somewhere.

Sure this isn’t a Chinese clone / copy of something ?

Sarge.

Pioneer manufacture optical drives… so they must be increasing their involvement in component manufacture…

The Pioneer SSD arrived today and did a clone copy of the Kingston HyperXfury SSD… If I’m right the random lock-ups and reboots I’ve been suffering will stop… Had this happen a few times with Kingston SSD’s…

Will be interesting to get a benchmark off that drive