Empire Universe 2

hehehe been probing like billy-oh (leave it :devil:) only just realised when the probe arrives you need to press the wee galaxy button next to the destination coordinates in fleet view. The system is then marked as explored and shows up as a little black square on your 'verse view (the compass thingy bottom left in the Starsystem screen). Once adjacent sectors are little black squares you can use the arrows on this compass thingy to navigate around. DOH!

Lots of trial and error, makes it interesting though :lol:

Information
Title rEARctorPlus
Type Event
Date 24.06.2010 19:49
The latest stereo “rEARctorPlus” is a complete success. Due to the increased demand for uranium, we recorded a sales increase of 642 credits.

damn, how do you guys get them :confused:

Just been playing with Wolly in the main chat room, if you prefix what you type with /emp it goes only to members of your empire, invisible to others. If you cock it up (like I did) everyone sees it so ya need to concentrate a bit…

especially if you mention something you shouldn’t, so double check the /emp before hitting send :lol:

I found this helpful, http://eu2research.99k.org/researchcalc.php

However, it did mean I just cancelled the ground battle research as it estimated 686hours left after I had already left it overnight :eek:

DT.

Great find :slight_smile:

Found an asteroid with iron and krypton, that gave me enough res to build another cutter miner, and barracks (2) and shipyard (2) which are building now. Then the research centre which I have been steadfastly ignoring spat out DX-2 - happy days :slight_smile:

Chatroom Commandos unanimous that cruisers make the best miners, fill with mining lasers, engines and cargo space only, no need for weapons or shields treat them as expendable. Not that I can build them yet :frowning: Claims that a small number of these will mine at ~2000 per minute, which would be a lot better than the 210 I get now with 2 cutters

Your calculator doohicky gives me 196 hours remaining on Structural Integrity, which is a “medium”. That’s with research centre (3), a lvl6 chassis scientist and Dr Do-it-all who is now level 11 and apparently skilled at nothing :shrug:

only just noticed that warmheart has posted the same link in the Diplomacy forum :slight_smile:

I think I need more research, I have lvl3 and two scientists, and still on 0% for asteroids after an hour in research :frowning:

3hrs remaining to build 1st Mega Recycler (Cutter Class 1)
I’ve 2 ships to kill off at some point if I don’t upgrade them!
Busy expanding my view as I probe new locations and gather the intel.

I think you’ll find you’re stuck at that level of research for the Ground Battle DT regardless - think it’s, once embarked upon you’re locked in, TIME-wise.
Get me Ikolium now! lol

Also - on research, upgrading the building unlocks more possible researches as well as ability to put more scientists to work, but be careful that you don’t create mixed scientists as they can increase TIME to complete.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;454175]I found this helpful, http://eu2research.99k.org/researchcalc.php

However, it did mean I just cancelled the ground battle research as it estimated 686hours left after I had already left it overnight :eek:

DT.[/QUOTE]

Lucky escape, I researched that with a small amount of Unobtainium to smooth progress. If you do the research, then build a barracks, the system immediately builds 250000 troops at a cost of, wait for it, FIVE THOUSAND per day. Needless to say they got disbanded toot-sweet. Left 50k on the payroll just to play around with.

cancelling the research has left an interesting pondering in my head though. It now has a time next to it for how long has been spent, I’m going to try resuming later when current research finishes and see what happens :slight_smile:

Yikes I seem to be falling well behind everyone else :eek:

Resources 4 has finished, just started Shipyard 2 upgrade (11 hrs)

I Have a Lancer mining ship … but no asteroid in the system, and already tried mining from planets - no chance :lol:

Luckily the lightspeed mining ship is almost at a nice asteroid, so a fair amount of good stuff will be coming home soon :slight_smile:

I really need to up the research center and go for that ‘dock’ building … is it gained through research or shipyard ?

You can only go mining in another system with the use of a warp drive, otherwise your vessel is no more than a runabout! I’m not sure about going through wormholes, but avoid on Fridays!
Research center and shipyard combined I would think for the docks - seeing as research unlocks new production lines.

yeah, when I say ‘lightspeed’ that’s the research that unlocked the warp engine :wink: … I’m currently mining from a galaxy far far away :smiley:

I need the dock to add components to the other bugger though, as you say, it’s wasted unless another asteroid comes flying into the home system :frowning:

Looking very much like research for the dock too - there’s another 3 days gone :o

currently training my scientists up, Chassis to level 7 = 1 day (Uni at level 2)
Gives me time to go and mine for the res I need to up my buildings!
mining 40mins away for a good feed of res. Wish I’d saved and put the bigger cargo store on.

I put double cargo space on, but only 1 mining module … didn’t realize (or dumb enough not to think) that I’d still only mine at 198 per minute - for 60 minutes
:doh:

at least after 60 minutes you can click collect again, so it’s not a serious :wall:

live n learn eh :lol:

Just the longer you’re there the more vunerable - once safe play mode turns off! lol

ATTENTION ALL: We have a request for a NAP offering with Knights of Valor and Honor
If you think we should impose conditions, let me know!

[QUOTE=Warmheart;454197]
If you think we should impose conditions, let me know![/QUOTE]

right, so I’ll have 10K of each resource

next :smiley: