I've had a really shitty day!

Was heading for the airport when I got a phone call from the cop in charge of the collision investigation… he had good news for me - my car was getting released from the investigation and also I could have my mobile back as well…

Hopefully I’ll have some news about the insurance claim soon…

Well, as of today I’m now looking for a new set of wheels… the damage was classified as being too much to repair compared to the value of the car…:sob::sob::sob:

After a bit of negotiation the 3rd offer for a payout was accepted, so as soon as I return from me hols I’m going looking for a nice low mileage Volvo C30… got me eye on one, just hope it’s still for sale in 2 weeks time!!!

Not another VOLVO !
You’ll never get let out at junctions, and no, 72 mph in the middle lane when there’s nothing else on the motorway is not legal or correct. And, stop lingering in the outside lane overtaking lorries at 60.01 Mph.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Sarge.

Yep… another Volvo C30… The reality is it’s just a Ford Focus in a posh frock and that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it…

Just read in the paper today that Ford is recalling all Ford Focuses from model years 2012 - 2018 to fix a problem with a fuel valve that can get left open in certain situations and the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) doesn’t notice the situation to close the valve. Apparently reprogramming the EEC makes the thing track the valve’s status correctly.

It’s now over a week since I accepted the settlement figure and I’m still waiting for the payout!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Well, I’ve done a deal on a replacement car - A red 2009 C30 and I’m picking it up on Thursday…

Fingers crossed I get the insurance payout in my account before then… One good thing is the price I’m paying for the vehicle is less than my insurance settlement…

Well, I’ve got me new one… It’s in great condition for it’s age, same engine and gearbox and drives well. It’s only done 63000 miles in 9 years and came with all MOT certificates and receipts for everything…

Only sad thing is it’s missing most of the toys me first C30 had, but does have the heated seat option…

I guess the one thing I can’t manage without is the ability to play music off a USB stick… but I’ve sorted out a way around that… managed to acquire an Alpine EZI DAB unit that has USB input so will be getting fitted soon

The heated seats and new stereo will keep you amused while you’re sat at junctions and nobody lets you out.
Put a ‘Keep Left’ sticker on the dashboard where you can see it too. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sarge.

I got me replacement car via an ad on fleabay… I access fleabay through topcashback.co.uk. I got a nice little surprise this morning… they paid out £181 on the transaction… they were offering 5% cashback on the day I did the deal, it’s normally 1%!!!

One toy I was missing was the fuel computer, which was a factory fitted option on my previous C30. It can be enabled by a dealer installing the software… had it enabled last week at a cost of £329 at my local Volvo stealer and it only took about 10 minutes!!!

Today was MOT day for the fleabay car… and was expecting it to fail on worn brake pads as it is still on the original pads ( I have all the receipts for work done on the car since new), so a full set of Brembo discs and pads were acquired in anticipation of an MOT failure…

Stood and watched the test… and the only thing it failed on was headlight aim too high, with an advisory for the brakes… the brakes are getting done tomorrow…

Also going to treat it to 4 new tyres…

One annoying thing is that the insurance claim has still not been fully resolved… my insurance company is still waiting for a copy of the police report as the other drivers insurance company still hasn’t admitted liability for hitting my car before hitting the car behind me…

Just to bump and old thread regarding Bilko’s Cactus…

A friend was trying to plug her phone charger into the centre console, her husband was driving, quite slowly as it was a bit snowy on a motorway.

On a Q3, she tried to lift the flap to get at the power socket, only it wasnt the power socket…

It was the electric parking brake and turned the car completely sideways in traffic.

Technology…

That’s German efficiency for you.
You’d of thought they would have disabled this feature while the car is in motion.
Then again, this feature may appeal to the kind of person who usually drives an Audi…
Nuff Said.

Sarge.

I think it is at speed, this was in a stop start queue of traffic under 20mph but enough to put the car sideways in the middle lane.

The new discs and pads got fitted yesterday… glad i didn’t attempt it myself as the garage told me they had a bit of trouble with getting the old ones off due to seized parts…

Last night just happened to find a set of locking wheel nuts I bought a long, long time ago for a Ford Fiesta XR2 and never fitted… They just so happen to be the same as the ones on the Volvo C30… they’ll be getting fitted when I get my new tyres fitted…

Locking wheel nuts you say ?

did he have to use the heavy hammer?

Discs can be a bit of a pain to get off, some in the past have been a tippy tap to get them off, the Discovery was a full on swing and smack `em

Well, it’s now 9 months since the accident and today I received an email from the solicitors that have been acting on my behalf informing me that the insurance company of the Mazda that hit me is finally admitting liability…

Hopefully things will get sorted out now!!!

My fleabay C30 still going strong and has never let me down!!!

1 Like

Today i receved a deposit into my bank account from the solicitors acting on my behalf for whiplash compensation + my insurance excess +some other expenses. Glad that side of it is sorted…

Unfortunately after phoning AXA, my insurers i was informed they still haven’t made any progress with getting their side sorted… seems as thought they don’t seem to be that bothered with reclaiming the money they paid out for the damage to my car.

Very much doubt I’ll renew with them next February.

At least you got something out of em…

Sarge.