New box 2015

Love the flir images, personally seeing the temps your getting i’d not be concerned about power circuity in general there tolerant to very high temps as generally there mated to just aluminium sinking with no fans relying on the heat to get the metal to temp to disipate heat. no doubt also under the heat sinking of the board are copper heatpipes pushing heat mote to to radiating part. there is alot of power mosfets around the cpus these days everything is alot closer to the devices pulling the power.

that said that left hdd would concern me… unless thats a SSD then its fine.

The smaller/cooler 3TB has been moved out. It was only in there while I moved its contents to the 6TB, which I think I was doing at the time so may be hotter than normal as that took hours. With the 3TB out the 6TB is now in the position closer to the fan. No, I can’t afford a 6TB SSD. Well, I can, but I wont get one! I was already questioning my sanity over getting a 1TB one just for game installs… steam folder alone is 600GB+.

Looking good!!!

How about some braided cables for the PSU… http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/power-supply-units/psu-accessories

Perhaps a little bit pricey but would nicely finish it off

I considered it, but the only really visible ones are the ones to the GPU which I’ve held together with some cable ties. The rest pass nicely through the holes to the back half of the case so don’t spend any time in the front.

You can get just the PCIE braided cables…

My Main rig uses a XFX 750W modular and it uses braided (but not individually braided).

I don’t recall if they were available separately or only as a set. If from Corsair directly there’s bit postage to add on for a small order…