Thinking of buying a bar

Trying to round up the Boyos, but the miserable gits cant seem to answer texts.

Me and the GF :smiley:

Holy Cow!
What do you have on her… Way to cute for you. ~smiles~
nice one hon, wish you the best.
Heidi

[QUOTE=Vortex;433635]
Holy Cow!
What do you have on her… Way to cute for you. ~smiles~
nice one hon, wish you the best.
Heidi[/QUOTE]

You like! :slight_smile:

I am 46, she is 38 and we have been together over 2 years although it hasn’t been easy having a long distance relationship.

The british winters might be a bit of a shock to her…

Long term plans are to return to Thailand to live and open another bar/restaurant/guest house.

[QUOTE=TheFiend;433636]You like! :slight_smile:

I am 46, she is 38 [/QUOTE]
I like!
You like em young too!
I’ll be 49 in March and Mandy 30 in June. we just hit our ten year mark.

I still think she is too cute for you, heck Mortlake is too cute for you. (no offense Mortlake)

Just kidding, you make a cute couple. So any little banana’s planed. (twins would be called a banana split I suppose.)
Heidi

[QUOTE=Vortex;433637]

I still think she is too cute for you, heck Mortlake is too cute for you. (no offense Mortlake)

Heidi[/QUOTE]

No offence taken , but do I think that those that have met me , would find it it very difficult to justify your statement .

[QUOTE=Vortex;433637]I like!
You like em young too!
I’ll be 49 in March and Mandy 30 in June. we just hit our ten year mark.

Just kidding, you make a cute couple. So any little banana’s planed. (twins would be called a banana split I suppose.)
Heidi[/QUOTE]

No little banana’s planned, but if it happens it happens…

Got some friends over your way right now…they said they’ll try to pop in if they can find you.

BUMP! Just spotted a “guest” viewing this thread and I wondering, as it is over 5 years since the last post, how things are looking Fiend?

Still looking to move to Thailand in the future? What about the possible bar on Koh Chang island? Is it still an option you are considering?

Droid<---------- is nosy :slight_smile:

Well, I guess it might be time for a little update…

Mrs Fiend has now been over in the UK for 5 years, but we are already putting plans in place for us to retire to Thailand… still got 8 years to suffer until my official retirement date.

We made a trip to Thailand in June and sorted a deal out with a developer on a plot of land. There was an unsold building plot across the road from her sisters house.

We already had our next trip booked and we challenged the developed to have the house built and finished before we returned. We are having a 3 bedroom bungalow built with an en-suite shower room in the master bedroom.

This photo was from a couple of weeks ago

We’ve been getting regular photo updates, so we have been able to keep tabs on progress and make tweaks to the design as it has been progressing. They are currently on with finishing the interior

This is the size of our garden…

Mrs Fiend is going to have to take care of that… I’ll be keeping cool sitting on the porch with an ice cold beer.

We return to Thailand in 4 weeks time and hopefully the house will be finished.

The good thing is I won’t stuck out in the boonies, the house is on the outskirts of a town with a Tesco and KFC less than 5 minutes away.

As for the cost of the build? About £46K including the cost of the plot. Where I’m from in the UK you have to pay double that for a building plot half the size.

With regards to opening another bar? I think I’ll give it a miss.

Looks nice, and a nice price as well!

Looks excellent Fiend! As you say for the price an absolute bargain compared to the UK. :cool: What about a pool? Is that an option? Looks like you have the space for it

Yep, the garden is big enough for a pool, but I’m not much of a swimmer so it won’t happen, a fish pond is more likely.

Looks very nice, and that garden is a good size . . . probably acceptable as somewhere we can pitch tents when you hold your first TPR LAN party :smiley:

:chin: in fact, you could park a BUS in there :lol:

The weather should be a bit less “Welsh” which is a good thing.

Bit more of a drive though

Surprised nobody noticed the Thai style scaffolding on the second pic… Thais are a lot more relaxed on the Health and Safety front.

Got a more up to date photo sent to us this morning. :smiley:

@wolram… yes you could park a bus in the garden… but getting it the would be virtually impossible… the street is a little bit to narrow to manoeuvre a bus around!!!

Nearly finished!!!

We’re off to Thailand on Monday so we’ll get to see the end product. 18 weeks it’s taken since the the dug the first hole for the concrete posts.

Next week the Fiend will be running round like a headless chicken whilst we sort out registering the house and getting leccy and water connected.

Enjoy the trip m8 and send us some pics when it’s all finished :slight_smile:

Corrected Droids post above, no need to thank me chaps

Enjoy the trip m8 and send us some invites when it’s all finished :smiley:

:lol: Good idea Wolly :smiley:

Couple of shots of the finished house!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to staying in it as a holiday home and then as my retirement home in years to come. They’ve done a good job on the build and didn’t scrimp on the fixtures and fittings… they’ve used good quality stuff!!! :smiley: