What annoyed me today...

She sounds like a freeloader and there are enough of them over here as it is.

Keep her out is what I say.

I’m not a racist as some of my friends are from Somalia and have made the effort to work, paid their dues and not sponged off the state, but I do object to people living off my taxes as an excuse for not working. I couldn’t even get unemployment benefit when I was out of work, because I was able to work some hours on a temporary basis which cancelled out any job seekers allowance I would have got.

Anyway on to my rant, I’m pi$$ed off with Currys. After having ordered a new washing machine that I desperately needed cause mine has expired (broken drum) and paying extra for Saturday delivery, they informed me yesterday that the machine had not arrived at the depot and so they couldn’t deliver it till today.

Having not received a call this morning I phoned to find out what was going on and when I could expect my machine only to end up talking to some fed-up misery of a woman who obviously did not want to be there who in a surly manner told me that my delivery would not be made until the last, so I can’t expect it till about 4.00pm. They c*cked up but I’m being put to the back of the list? What’s wrong with this picture?

I’ll get my money back for the delivery, but I have had to hand wash my clothes for next week and dry them on radiators, just so I could have something clean to wear. Good job I didn’t depend on them at all. It’s all about principles. They’ve had a week to arrange this and they’ve c*cked up on what should have been a simple thing. They aint getting any business out of me anymore.

“TheFiend - Is this the one that was the guest at your house up until 6 months ago?”

Aye, that’s the one mate.

Thanks to donations, laddo could prob have afforded a spousal visa. Which, if I understand correctly, has from 1st October gone up by another 150 quid.

I suspect what was behind all the shenagins was an effort to get her across before the babs is born. Daft, really. The law doesn’t work like that.

How long does it take for a spousal visa to come through, if you don’t mind?

[QUOTE=wheelieslug;456288]“TheFiend - Is this the one that was the guest at your house up until 6 months ago?”

Aye, that’s the one mate.

Thanks to donations, laddo could prob have afforded a spousal visa. Which, if I understand correctly, has from 1st October gone up by another 150 quid.

I suspect what was behind all the shenagins was an effort to get her across before the babs is born. Daft, really. The law doesn’t work like that.

How long does it take for a spousal visa to come through, if you don’t mind?[/QUOTE]

When we applied for a spouse visa for the wife it took 13 weeks… but that was in Thailand…

Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 51% 53% 53% 73% 86% 94% 100% 100% 100% 52

Current performance figures for some sates in the USA suggest a processing time of about 6 weeks.

What they need to be careful about is her overstay, as that might count against her.

Visa refusals can be appealed against… and a sympathetic MP can also work in their favour.

Sorry about the delay in reply. Made laddo aware of that. Now he has own his own place, he says he’s found he’s enjoying it, and he’s kicking back while he works through his options :wink:

What annoyed me today … well not just today, but regularly for months & months, Kitchens Direct and their ability to ring your home and mobile numbers (how do they get that :furious:) relentlessly - well today I accidentally answered my mobile to them (I was expecting call from wife).

poor chap at the other end got 37 different versions of **** off in his earpiece:realmad::realmad:

I am having similar problems with BT phoning me…

Been with TalkTalk for broadband for about 5 years… and switched my landline to them last year… now get BB (20Meg speed and unlimited DL) and phone for £26.48… And I am actually getting a 20Meg connection… the exchange is at the top of my street!!!:smiley:

BT keep phoning and asking me to come back…

Well, if they would pricematch I would - but I am not paying over a tenner more to go back to BT!!! :furious:

I also switched from BT although I get lots of mail asking the same thing I get no phone calls from them or from ANY company trying to get my business, I registered with the Telephone Preference Service, it took a few weeks to die down but I have not been troubled since. Thinking of doing the same with the Mailing Preference Service to get rid of the unsolicited and unwanted Credit card application forms that seem to flow into the house.

What annoyed me today…

a washing machine that stopped in mid cycle :sigh: eventually the door decided to open, so all the clothes are now dripping on the line, leaving me with a few inches of water sloshing around in the drum
pump clearance job methinks, and of course it’s not one of those wonderful ‘front access’ designs either :sigh:

oh and I’m 2 to 10 so it looks like being a Saturday job :xeye:

Have have a widower in his 60’s lives nearby with his two unemployed grown up daughters.

Regular ‘borrowers’. Money for bus-fare to sign on (which they pay back) Coffee, Gaviscon, Savalon, plasters, sugar (which they don’t) Toilet rolls (which I don’t want back) use of a lappy now and again to look for jobs, ect, ect. Don’t mind now and again…

One of the daughters asked to borrow some coffee. Only had a bit in at the time, but my Bear said fine, you have it. “That all you you have?” she says pocketing it. “All we have until I get to the shop”, says Bear. Reply? “Oh, I very much doubt it”. And gone. Fine, I thought, I’ll let that pass.

Later. The father knocks on the door and asks to ‘borrow’ some sugar. “Sorry” says Bear. “Not got to shop yet” and jokes “Times is 'ard mate!”

Never guess what the bu**er said? “Oh, I doubt it very, very much in your case lass”.

Must have seen the look on my face, 'cos I’ve never seen him shift so fast. What the heck is it with some people?

And you put up with that Wheelie? Miserable bar steward would have joined his wife by now!

Yeah, I’d not let the cheeky burger borrow anything anymore!

:chuckle: Indeed!

Trick or Treat-ing Scroats putting a go faster stripe in black cellulose spray paint along the side of the MGF, bumper to bumper then going on to add a graffiti logo to the side door of the van. :mad:

Make sure you get crime numbers for both of those Balrog, its the only way to keep plod funded.

With any luck they will have been collared elsewhere or caught on camera, plod love to link crimes and boost their clear up rate, even if the final punisment is little more than a stern finger wagging read from a well used script.

Have you tried any of the chips-away/Dentmaster companies for quotes or have you set about it with T-cut already ?

But for next year, you could always use the official Police Poster to advise trick-or-treaters where they stand

Printed on A0 it should cover the hole you dug to conceal the bear-trap in the front path.

:chuckle: Yep, got a number and got it off too :slight_smile: - first thing this morning before it was properly cured.

Finding out that you cant combine tariffs on mobiles to form one uber contract :frowning: - I have two mobiles and want to cut it down to just one which O2 won’t let me do without leaving a contract (which I assume means that I’ll have to pay cancellation charges are the like :frowning: ) - All I wanted to do was move my texts and minutes to my Streak.

I bought a stack of HP SFF desktops a few months ago and dragged one out last night to investigate the inner workings.

Being curious I opted to look at the one thats smallest, the only one of its type out of the five.

I was annoyed to find that whilst they were bought without ram/disk this one had 2Gb ram and a WD SATA drive installed.

This normally would be a thing of cheer but I was opening it up having just dropped the bloody thing hard enough to break a heatsink off the memory controller.
The double stinger was, the hard drives were being sold off at £20 each as a separate lot, and they were all fairly small (20/40Gb) and Maxtors so I didnt mind not having them, this one has an 80Gb WD.

:frowning:

For some while I’ve been accumulating spam registrations pending moderation in a vB forum on the basis that it would stop them from re registering with the same email. Didn’t want to accept and ban because of it skewing our member numbers.

Yesterday one of my co-admins accidentally pressed the wrong button whilst accepting a valid registration and approved over 1000 of the blighters.

A happy evening was spent sorting the wheat from the chaff. My mouse wrist hurts. :chuckle:

Ban the co-admin…
:spit: