What cheered me up today

£10 on the Lotto.

£10 on the last ticket I played as well. Not bad :slight_smile: Carry this on each week and I’d be happy :wink:

Got the tax disk with the new reg in the post this morning :slight_smile:
Logbook follows - then I can get rid of the thing :woot:

Finished stripping the wall paper and ceiling paper :furious: off the back bedroom ready for my sister popping in to stay with me for a while. Plastering, paint and paper to do next :rolleyes:

On a similar note to Droid, a small victory dance occured when the last known (1) shred of wall paper was removed in TFW towers.

As a suitable last stand it was wood chip coated with many layers of gloss and the last batch of this I tried to steam off came with the plaster still attached.
A well honed attack chisel won, eventually.

So if you want a wickes wallpaper steamer Droid, let me know.
Its fully adjustable from settings 1 to 5 which I believe is the number of layers of plaster/mortar/brickwork need to be removed.
On full power, in a semi-detached house I think I could steam next doors TV off its wall mount.

(1) There may be more wall paper or other horrors lurking behind some 1970’s pine panelling in the kitchen

Tried steamers before TFW and didn’t get on with them. Now I just score the surface of the paper with the edge of the scraper and then soak with salty hot water for a short while. Comes off like scraping butter off toast. Sometimes low-tech is better :slight_smile:

Fathers day cheered me up today.
A lie in and breakfast in bed.

:slight_smile:

Had my induction today and start my first job tomorrow…back at the place I used to work!! Nice :slight_smile:

Coincidence there Droid :slight_smile:

I was impressed with Crucial’s service. Order RAM yesterday morning when I got to work, it arrived at quarter past 8 this morning. That’s not bad - less than 24 hours to send it to me! And I didn’t use the enxt day delivery either. :slight_smile:

Kopparberg cider - with strawberry and lime. Very pleasant :slight_smile:

I like the elderflower and lime one too. Yum!! Ooh and what about Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer? Nice…:glug:

[QUOTE=drezha;460745]

I was impressed with Crucial’s service. Order RAM yesterday morning when I got to work, it arrived at quarter past 8 this morning. That’s not bad - less than 24 hours to send it to me! And I didn’t use the enxt day delivery either. :)[/QUOTE]

Similar experience here, ordered 1 Gig of Ram for daughters laptop, (free delivery in 3 to 5 days) and it arrived the next morning.

One of the few companies that I’ve dealt with lately that can be trusted … I don’t even bother wasting 3 hrs posting about the bad ones in the WAMTD thread :lol:

This 3d printing story amused me greatly.

The collective mass of wisdom pooled to make a cutting edge machine.

Chocalate ?!?
I suppose you have the excuse that spelling mistakes must be eaten

I was going to open a PC store in paisley, But the way the local government run things and the way the job centre just love to help people, It just isnt going to work at the moment,

However, A stroke of luck today, when the owner of the local grocery store needed to have some PC’s repaired,
So naturally I obliged, and started to fix the machines,
We got chatting, and he said he was wanting to start a new business himself and diddnt have time to run two,
So he wanted to hire a manager.
So I passed him my C.V and said what about me. We ended up speaking for about 4 hours, and I have a formal interview on monday,

If all goes well I will be sent for some courses and tests and whatnot, and once I have my liquor licence my name will be put above the door and I will be the manager of a store!
Woot

Nice!! :thumbsup:

Do you get to sample the goods (at home of course)?

heh, no not this time, but I do get a staff discount of 10%
so thats a bonus :smiley:

The arrival of Matilda Louise cheered me up today.
7lb 13oz

Mum and baby are both doing well

Congrats TFW and all the best to Mrs TFW. Welcome to the world Matilda Louise!! :wavey:

I have to say, I really do like the name the more I see it, nice one TFW +1 :wink:

DT.

Congrats to Mr & Mrs TFW on your new arrival!!! :smiley:

Congratulations TFW family!