What cheered me up today

Powerage would be my weapon of choice. Sin City, Give me a Bullet to bite on. Awesome. :smiley:

Manchester - Bangkok return for £422 next April

Next trip to Thailand is planned to coincide with the Thai New Year (Songkran) celebrations next April…

Had been checking flight prices all week but held off pressing the book button…

Black Friday comes along and I get an email off Emirates saying “special offer on all weekend”, so I do a price check again and lo and behold the flights I want had dropped £50… Time to book!!!

Looking forward to flying Airbus A380 on all 4 legs again!!! Certainly beats flying in their Boeing 777 sardine cans!!!

Great little discount to be head then!! I didnt really bag anything of significance during the Black Friday weekend.

Something I did take advantage of is the Lego offer in the Lego store… free bits and pieces with a £60 spend.

It doesn’t help in the fight against buying Lego but does help save a little.

What cheered me up even more was checking the flight prices the day after the offer finished and they were £71 higher than what we paid!!!

Had my little Volvo for 3 years now and due it’s MOT… It’s a 2009 C30.

Booked the MOT a week before it’s due to run out just in case anything need sorting… shouldn’t have bothered as it sailed through again!!! In fact the tester even commented on how good a car it is for it’s age!!!

Finding out my daughter has been offered a place on a Midwifery Degree course.

When my daughter was at secondary school basically all her teachers were writing her off saying she wouldn’t achieve much in life, and failed to spot she was suffering from Dyslexia, and they also failed to do something about her getting bullied at that school. After a change of school she actually managed to take and passed some “A” levels…

At the age of 15 she decided she wanted to pursue a career in Midwifery… but after her results weren’t quite the minimum standard… So, since leaving school, she decided she would do night classes to get the required grades, and this last year she has been doing a feeder course for the degree, at the age of 25… She applied to 5 Universities and got interviews at 3… her last interview being the one she really wanted, as she wouldn’t need to move away to study… At that interview she had one of the interviewers in tears when she learned of my daughters determination to achieve the grades to get on the course… My daughter has been offered one of only 12 places available on the course, providing she gets the required results on her feeder course…

I am one proud dad!!!

Also, over the last 12 months she has lost 22Kg in weight and is doing a half marathon in May, raising money for a pet adoption charity…

Yep, I’m one proud dad!!!

pretty damn cool when you see that sort of effort being put in, well done your daughter !

Compared to my niece, my daughter is an angel… and they’re both the same age… My niece is went off the rails after leaving school and now has 3 kids all with different fathers. My daughter on the other hand has been engaged for 5 years to a lad she met when 18 and is sticking in and working towards her goal… Even fits in working at Pets@home around her course… My niece would definitely be a Jeremy Kyle show candidate!!! :eek:

Excellent news Fiend and congrats to her. Obviously a reflection on her upbringing.

A lot of kids don’t get the help from their parents that they should and by what you’ve said, it shows that she received only the best from her parents. Great job m8! 07

Bought a box of sugary based stuff for the kids, chocolate and a toy, whats not to like ?

Do what ?

Evening Tarts !

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sarge.

Morning Sarge 07.

Morning Slacker-XL

Delayed reply because mornings are an over-rated event

Morning slackers!!!

cheered me up today

Had a full inspection completed on the Rolls Royce, all items that came back on the report I knew about - no hidden nasties and all due to her being sat unloved for some time. Debris and rust in the fuel tank, rubber seal perished on the brake pumps.

The bit I was worried about was having to trace a short to ground on the heating system. They went straight for the “normal place”, one of those things 35 years of working on the same car give you the knowledge. So that was fixed there and then, blowers and all heating vent servos all work now which was the money pit fix in my head, the one where finding the fault would cost more than the repair as it had the potential to have to remove the dash to hunt down the short.

A couple more weeks sat in the back of the garage waiting for a not busy few hours and some beer tokens and she can come back home :slight_smile: Major thing with old cars is parts, however all the parts needed are off the shelf service items that are easy enough to find. Big cost is the labour and the knowledge of the “easy way” or the “workshop manual way” :smiley:

The relief there isn’t a big surprise is amazing!

[QUOTE=TheFiend;467632]Finding out my daughter has been offered a place on a Midwifery Degree course.

When my daughter was at secondary school basically all her teachers were writing her off saying she wouldn’t achieve much in life, and failed to spot she was suffering from Dyslexia, and they also failed to do something about her getting bullied at that school. After a change of school she actually managed to take and passed some “A” levels…

At the age of 15 she decided she wanted to pursue a career in Midwifery… but after her results weren’t quite the minimum standard… So, since leaving school, she decided she would do night classes to get the required grades, and this last year she has been doing a feeder course for the degree, at the age of 25… She applied to 5 Universities and got interviews at 3… her last interview being the one she really wanted, as she wouldn’t need to move away to study… At that interview she had one of the interviewers in tears when she learned of my daughters determination to achieve the grades to get on the course… My daughter has been offered one of only 12 places available on the course, providing she gets the required results on her feeder course…

I am one proud dad!!!

Also, over the last 12 months she has lost 22Kg in weight and is doing a half marathon in May, raising money for a pet adoption charity…

Yep, I’m one proud dad!!![/QUOTE]

The good news is that her offer got turned into an unconditional offer and she starts the course next month!!!

It also seemed a couple of students on the same course weren’t to happy about it saying she missed course time to go away on holiday to Thailand with me and Mrs Fiend on 2 occasions… One coincided with a half-term break and the other was just after Easter for the Thai New Year… Little do they realise she actually took her college work with her to Thailand and spent quite a bit of her holidays actually doing the college work…

A picture speaks a thousand words
No smoking please

got to admit, cheered me up last night as well :smiley:

I’m not sure Becky is happy though, just got caught browsing a bundle of firework shops online …

Nice stash TFW! Celebrating the birthday with a bang? :smiley:

I found 22 of the finale rockets once daylight arrived, so more than 90% of them are MIA :slight_smile:

I also won at beer pong, I think. The memory is hazier than the rules I was trying to understand.