What cheered me up today

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;467781]I found 22 of the finale rockets once daylight arrived, so more than 90% of them are MIA :slight_smile:

I also won at beer pong, I think. The memory is hazier than the rules I was trying to understand.[/QUOTE]

Rules!? You don’t need no rules to create your own war zone :chuckle:

Now I am officially OLD I just managed to stay calm this evening.

All around me were Value fireworks
The sort that go Fizzsssss…pop a few times and always make you think Is that IT?

Not once did I return fire… Saving that for actual bonfire night.

The pumpkin is sleeping, guess we are gonna have to wake him up

:haha: Poke the pumpkin with a stick or spread him around with something dynamite based? :smiley:

Bonfire night event passed with no reported casualties despite one rocket shedding its stick after take off and attempting to hide in the shed.

I could have rushed into the shed to see if there was an immeadiate fire hazard, or I could have just taken cover behind a tree… Can you guess which ?

Pumpkin is still awaiting processing :wink:

:lol: I can see that.

A gumtree enquiry amused and confused me in equal quantities in response to an advert for a bicycle

I can’t believe that someone even posted that there :slight_smile:

This is the internet, every type of weird can get get involved.

I think its really Robin Cooper

Booked flights to Thailand… and they are the cheapest I’ve ever paid in 11 years of going to Thailand… £339 return with Qatar Airways Manchester to Bangkok… and I get to enjoy their A380 Doha to Bangkok going and between Doha and Heathrow coming back…

The actual cost of the return ticket before tax/surcharges etc was £33!!!

Found out today that I have £52 sat waiting to be paid to me from topcashback.co.uk that I didn’t know about!!! :smiley:

After a little research it turns out to have come from taking out my home insurance last year…

I’ll have to try that site again I think… :smiley:

Whilst backing up photos from an old phone I recently found lurking, I was amused by this mini-bar menu from a Hilton Hotel.

Toblerone indeed

This has been an unusual timeline for me:

Up through September 2016, I was a full time employee (getting paid to work),
September 2016, I accepted a voluntary layoff package (getting paid to not work),
March 2017, I got my first pension check (getting paid for work that I used to do).:slight_smile:
I can only imagine what comes next!

I would guess not being paid and having to work for it following the logic trail :slight_smile:

I’m a bit of a cat guy… I’ve got three of them…

My daughter works part time at her local Pets@Home store and so gets staff discount on cat food for me… and tends to buy it in bulk…

Last week my tom cat became ill, was very lethargic and appeared to be having fits… turned out it was caused by a bad batch of cat food which was lacking “Thiamine” (Vitamin D1)… He spent a couple of days in my local animal hospital and is now recovering, although still having the occasional “fit”… :frowning:

My daughter, knowing Pets@Home was offering refunds for the bad batch of food, decided to contact customer services on my behalf to see if we would get refunded, despite me already having disposed of the dodgy stuff into the bin…

They checked her past purchases and said yes as they could see she had bought some, and also said they would be willing to even pay for the treatment if they got a report sent from the vets…

Today, my daughter received a phone call from the head of Pets@Home, enquiring about the cat… During the conversation, she came out and said it was very likely we will receive a compensation payment… likely to be £2500!!!

Wow, I would have been happy just having the vets bill paid!!! :D:D:D

Yes I saw that in the press. It was a bit worrying, but fortunately I haven’t brought that brand. Nice windfall, but more importantly, I hope the cat is better soon m8.

I had something similar in the past with two of my cats in the early 1990s, that both developed thyroid problems and one had to have her thyroid gland removed. Didn’t even consider it could be related to their food at the time, but if we’d had the Internet then…who knows :frowning:

[QUOTE=Droid;467917]Yes I saw that in the press. It was a bit worrying, but fortunately I haven’t brought that brand. Nice windfall, but more importantly, I hope the cat is better soon m8.

I had something similar in the past with two of my cats in the early 1990s, that both developed thyroid problems and one had to have her thyroid gland removed. Didn’t even consider it could be related to their food at the time, but if we’d had the Internet then…who knows :([/QUOTE]

I’ll believe about the compensation when the cheque comes through… LOL…

Whiskas, my tom cat, would be a big loss to me as he is quite a character, I’ve never known a cat like him!!! I’m just glad he is getting better and more like his old self!!! Like I said I’d be happy with just the vets bill being paid. Four years ago he suffered a liver problem so could have been susceptible to problems caused by a vitamin deficiency…

Bit of an update about the cat food incident… we’ve had an email from the CEO of Pets@Home confirming we will be receiving £2500 in compensation for the distress Whiska’s suffered, in addition to being refunded the vets bills. :banana:

He seems to be getting better as each day passes and haven’t seen him have any momentary “fits” for a couple of days now.

nice customer service there, you sound like a happy customer, so win win

They’ve had a lot of bad press in the past… Watchdog really had it in for them, and I think the previous bad press might have something to do with the offer of compensation for the cats who been affected by eating this bad batch , since it was their own brand of cat food…

My daughter has worked for them for 6 years and loves working for them, and even though she is now doing a midwifery degree, she’s still doing weekends for them.

My daughter is quite sneaky too… she’s off to Thailand for 2 weeks in August to spend 2 weeks at a midwifery unit over there and is wanting to split the compensation to help pay for her trip… so has been doing all the phone calls and emails since she found out about the compensation… Daughters, eh, don’t you just love them!!!

That was quick!!! Logged into my bank account today and found somebody had deposited a wee sum of money in it!!! Thanks Pets@Home!!!

Whiskas is still having the occasional episode now and then… and he put the shits up me today - it happened at the top of the stairs, but luckily he didn’t fall down the stairs…