What cheered me up today

A week today the evening part of my wedding will be just about starting. Im not sure this cheers me up as im currently sat making playlists for the music as local DJ’s and house DJ for the venue want around £500 :open_mouth:

We have sound kit and lighting kit to cover the setup its just the music I need to put in place!! ahhh!!

Maybe in a couple of weeks posting in the opposite thread eh?

:wasted:

Another little update to the cat food saga… Ebony, a 14 year old female started becoming very unsteady on her feet, almost like she was very drunk and had difficulty walking without falling over, but her symptoms weren’t anywhere near as bad as Whiskas.

Rushed her up to the vets that morning and they admitted her saying they will do some x-rays and blood tests. Mentioned to vets about Whiskas and the vitamin deficiency problem and that I suspected it could be linked to Ebony’s current state.

X-rays and blood tests came back clear so they started her on vitamin and steroid injections and 2 days later saw an improvement so were happy enough to let her home… She has 2 further visits to the vets for more injections and is slowly returning to the way she was… she had a few tumbles down the stairs for the first couple of days out of hospital but now can get down them ok…

Got a treatment report off the vets saying they can’t rule out the vitamin deficiency as being the cause, and that as her recovery has been almost identical to Whiskas it is the likely suspect.

The report is getting sent off to Pets@Home… fingers crossed that they will admit liability and cover the vets bill!!!

Just to clarify, Whiskas is the name of your cat not the food from pets at home that made your cat ill ?

</Litigation Deflectors>

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;467949]Just to clarify, Whiskas is the name of your cat not the food from pets at home that made your cat ill ?

</Litigation Deflectors>[/QUOTE]

Yep…Whiskas is the cat, not the cat food…

Pets@Home have received the vets treatment report and have agreed to refund the costs… but the wording of their response is written so as not to admit liabilty …

The way Ebony has recovered is identical to the way Whiskas had… it points towards it being the same cause… that damn catfood!!! :eek:

Well, it appears as though my daughters persistence might be paying off… it looks likely that we could be receiving some more compensation off Pets@Home… :slight_smile:

:woot:

Just checked my bank account and got a nice little surprise!!! Compensation has been paid out for Ebony’s suffering!!!

Just checked my bank account and got a nice little surprise!!! Compensation has been paid out for Ebony’s suffering!!![/QUOTE]
Great news! While it doesn’t make up for her suffering, I’m glad they’ve been taken to task.

Just been to daughter number 1’s graduation from her work placement at the university next to her school. Proper graduation with the whole cap, gown & scroll :smiley: So proud of her and how hard she has worked [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Hids;467994]Great news! While it doesn’t make up for her suffering, I’m glad they’ve been taken to task.

Just been to daughter number 1’s graduation from her work placement at the university next to her school. Proper graduation with the whole cap, gown & scroll :smiley: So proud of her and how hard she has worked [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The symptoms weren’t as pronounced with Ebony as they were with Whiskas, and was happy enough just to get the vets bill refunded… but might daughter fought to get them to pay compensation. … So I am splitting it 50/50 with her…

My daughter is just coming to the end of her first year of a Midwifery Degree… looking like she will pass… Dead proud of what she has achieved so far as at secondary school they were writing her off, saying she would never achieve anything. It was only after she left school that she was diagnosed as being dyslexic, something school failed to pick up on!!!

In her GCSE’s she was one grade short of the entry requirements for a Midwifery Degree so re-sat the exam a couple of times until she got it… Now she is applying that same determination to getting through her degree course… At her end of year written exam she passed one with an 80% mark!!!

That is fantastic! Well done to her for her hard work & determination!

[QUOTE=Hids;467999]That is fantastic! Well done to her for her hard work & determination!

She is off to Thailand for 2 weeks at the end of August to spend 2 weeks at a midwifery unit in Phitsanulok, which she has organised through an organisation called Gapmedics. I’m hoping the hospital she will be at is at the university where my stepdaughter is doing a degree… Mrs Fiend has 2 daughters but they stayed in Thailand to complete their education when Mrs Fiend came to the UK.

That will be a fantastic experience for her and hopefully she will get to meet up with her step sisters.
Are both your stepdaughters going to come to UK once they’ve finished their education or will they stay in Thailand?

[QUOTE=Hids;468001]That will be a fantastic experience for her and hopefully she will get to meet up with her step sisters.
Are both your stepdaughters going to come to UK once they’ve finished their education or will they stay in Thailand?

She’s been going to Thailand on holiday with us for 5 years now and enjoys seeing her extended family…

Stepdaughters would probably only come to the UK for a holiday…

My long term plan is to retire to the sunnier climate of Thailand… Escape plan is slowly being put into action… 3 years ago we had a 3 bedroom bungalow built which is currently our holiday home. Planning on retiring in May 2022, 5 months before my 60th birthday

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Whilst poking around one of the job boards I found the reason why I didn’t get much feedback from applications made.

At some point in the last five years I appear to have updated my qualifications to include

GCSE : Time travel
A-Level : Advanced cocking about without getting caught

I suspect beer is more likely than a hack attack.

Hahahaha that is class :joy:

qwality :slight_smile:

Excellent and possibly true too! :slight_smile:

I didnt think it was important enough to keep screenshots, I’ll try harder next time

:frowning:

Available in your local Tesco’s, DrWitt Immunity drink

Do you want SOME ?!?!?!?!

:slight_smile:

Last year my oldest step-daughter graduated from University and the graduation ceremony was due to be held last October when me and Mrs Fiend were there on holiday… Sadly thr death of the Thai king caused it to be cancelled…

There was no news of a new date when we were back in Thailand in May, and a couple of months ago we booked again for a trip in November.

This week we found out the new date for her graduation ceremony… it’s whilst we are in Thailand!!!