This morning I was greatly cheered up by looking into the back garden over my coffee and seeing a Salamander shower pump.
This cheered me up because yesterday I replaced it with one that works, doesn’t sulk and is happy to provide showers on both floors.
Feeling happy about this I decided the dead one needed a proper post mortem.
I found many reasons why it no longer worked, eating part of a bearing casing probably didn’t help and a blocked pipe into the air reservoir stopped it detecting flow to the top floor.
All that remains is a pot of shiny stainless steel bolts and screws and the coppery bit of the armature.
The rest is in the dishwasher of much smoke which goes to the recycling centre when it’s full.
I’m keeping all the copper lumps, copper will go up in value when all cars are electric.