140.8dB

That’s what I hit yesterday with a single 12" sub in a saloon on the new TermPro mics. Came 1st in my competition class. :smiley:

what’s that you say!

jeez dude weren’t your ears bleeding lol :slight_smile:

Not as much as they were in the car that was doing 150dB, lol… :lol:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/league/ :Result table. :slight_smile:

You don’t have to be in the car when it does that do you? I’d prefer to be safely outside, ideally outside the county it’s being tested in. :smiley:

crikey :eek: thats loud

Well done Bibster :thumbsup:

DT.

Cheers DT. :slight_smile:

Mack, under normal competition rules you do indeed have to be outside your car. Health & safety and all that. The engine of course has to be turned off too.

Yesterdays comp was a bit more informal, so you could sit in your car. Engine still had to be off though.

I can well imagine it might be a tad uncomfortable in there… most telephony products are limited to 118 dBSPL. Noise at work act says you’re not supposed to be subjected to 130 dBSPL ever.

At work I’ve pushed things to see how far they go before. Think I can also generate around the 140-150 magnitude, but that’s in a volume equivalent to that of a human ear. To do it in a car is another game.

What’s with the engine on/off business? I take it there are some rules on power supply. I quite fancy having a go at this the next time I change car.

Great! :slight_smile:

Engines have to be turned off in the lanes for most classes. Apart from being an obvious health & safety issue (don’t want anyone accidently run over etc), you will get different readings.

With the engine on, you have the alternator running. This does not therefore give a true representation of your electrical system. The type of electrical system you have will also determine which competiton class you fall into.

If I split charge and add another battery in the boot, that bumps me out of Street A (what I currently fall under) and into a higher class.

The rules dictate that the maximum surface charge voltage for the battery shall be 14 volts DC, measured in the judging lanes with the engine off.