A polite request about OcUK

All,

Due to the long term ties between OcUK and TPR, it is inevitable that there will always be some bad blood between some of the members here and the management over there.

However, TPR has come a very long way since the inception of the team, and there are many many members here that have no clue as to who OcUK or Mr Proudfoot are.

As such, may I politely ask that we try to keep the topics of discussion over here related to TPR and our friends, rather than turn things into an OcUK bashing board. As has happened in the past, members have become very disillusioned with OcUK bashing threads and some have left because of it.

A big welcome to all our new members, and let’s try to look toward the future of TPR, rather than the past of OcUK.

Best Regards,

Matt. :slight_smile:

ps. here’s a banana for all out new friends: :banana:

I second this suggestion. Isn’t Mr Proudfoot a hobbit who attended Mr. Bilbo Baggin’s 111th birthday party?

I didn’t notice this thread at first. I tend to overlook stickies and peer further down the page.

We did loose a member yesterday without a comment. Perhaps it was due to the commiserating among those who were banned or slighted at our noble rival. Who, I might add, had more new recruits yesterday than we did.

None of this has anything to do with TPR.

Originally posted by richardlellisjr
I didn’t notice this thread at first. I tend to overlook stickies and peer further down the page.

I didn’t make it sticky for exactly this reason. One of the others must have done it. I’ll unstick it now. People also seem to see the stickies as announcements, and not reply to them as much.

I’ll re-stick it if it looks like dropping of the first page in the next day or so.

I’d just like to make clear that the thread I started wasn’t intended to become an OcUK ‘slag-off’ thread, but due to certain circumstances out of my control it became just that.

:slight_smile: Sorry if I have upset anyone, it wasn’t intended, and let’s be fair - if I hadn’t started a thread someone else would have done once those arguments kicked off over there.

Originally posted by Mincer
[B]I’ll re-stick it if it looks like dropping of the first page in the next day or so.

Matt. :slight_smile: [/B]

I’m sure that won’t happen, you know how we all love to post :lol:

He’s short, green and very wise, let’s all listen please guys and gals:)

Originally posted by metz2000
[B]I’d just like to make clear that the thread I started wasn’t intended to become an OcUK ‘slag-off’ thread, but due to certain circumstances out of my control it became just that.

:slight_smile: Sorry if I have upset anyone, it wasn’t intended, and let’s be fair - if I hadn’t started a thread someone else would have done once those arguments kicked off over there. [/B]

No problem metz :slight_smile: people had to get things off their chest’s :slight_smile:

Originally posted by SPEEDYJ
He’s short, green and very wise, let’s all listen please guys and gals:)

Now if you edit that to read gals and guys it would rhyme :chuckle:

[B]I’d just like to make clear that the thread I started wasn’t intended to become an OcUK ‘slag-off’ thread, but due to certain circumstances out of my control it became just that.

:slight_smile: Sorry if I have upset anyone, it wasn’t intended, and let’s be fair - if I hadn’t started a thread someone else would have done once those arguments kicked off over there. [/B]

No fingers pointed at anyone over hear mate* :slight_smile:

*unless it’s SPEEDYJ saying “You, come here and get a custard cuddle right now!”. :cuddle:

:nod:

I’d just like to make clear that the thread I started wasn’t intended…

No one is suggesting any specific person has been impolite or gone overboard. It’s very easy to join a mob. We’re just civilized people doing our best to direct our discourse to more pleasant topics.

Originally posted by Hidden_Spirit
Now if you edit that to read gals and guys it would rhyme :chuckle:

Do you know, that was bugging me as soon as I posted it:)

It was all a bit of light hearted fun, and stress relief :nod:

But it seems all have settled down and enjoying the new found
freedom that is TPR, NOW GET CRUNCHING :bondage: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by SPEEDYJ
Do you know, that was bugging me as soon as I posted it:)

You can edit that post. Or, if you’d like to compete with Dale you can just add another post to your count and say it properly

Compete with Dale…you are joking;) he’s a spammeister extraordinare

As others already said, steam relief was needed. Noone gets blamed for it, only SpeedyJ for his mess w/ the custard;)

It is TRP tradition to let the people talk. Only common sense of behaviour and respecting the law is asked for.

People are calming down now and making this place their home. Give it a few more days and I guess ‘the monster thread’ is gone down the list in no time.

Have some patience and remember the times when you needed to talk about stuff to get it out of your head so you could move on.