Accident Group

Anyone else been affected?

My brother and his girlfriend both lost their jobs today, including a whole months salary. My Dad also works for them, but he’s one of the few that has to sort the claims…has maybe 2 months work left.

Spoke to him earlier. When they were told, the place went bezerk. Folk were smashing up the Accident Group framed pictures in the offices, taking hardware from the offices…apparently the IT department cleaned up.

They had to call the police where my brother was working in Manchester…the place was getting smashed up.

What was the figure, over 2500 people losing their jobs in one swoop? Rather have a hot poker shoved up my arse. :frowning:

i heared that ppl got laid off by TEXT. thats taking the p*ss a bit
if i was one of them, id get my own form of compensation(stuffing my car full of IT equipment before the fuzz shows up):wink:

Originally posted by //\aster_Chief
i heared that ppl got laid off by TEXT. thats taking the p*ss a bit
if i was one of them, id get my own form of compensation(stuffing my car full of IT equipment before the fuzz shows up):wink:

They had some old fuddy-duddy expert on the news saying how it was OK to text them their loss of job as everyone found out at the same time :nono: imo.

I can’t condone the smashing of stuff and mindless vandalism but the theft of equipment, I can certainly sympathise and I figure that they haven’t stolen anything anyway, just taken goods in-lieu of payment. :nod:

Hopefully Bibby, your brother, his girlfriend and your father will be able to find something else, soon. A terrible blow and they must be gutted, I know I would but they have to try and remain positive and start looking sooner rather than later as there are a lot of people suddenly released onto the market all competing for the same few jobs.

A very sad state of affairs mate :frowning:

but sadly a sign of todays hopeless merry-go-round …

The way I see it, we as consumers want everything as cheap as possible (usually due to a low income), therefore retailers have to buy from manufacturers cheaper to stay trading, meaning they have to lower their overheads in able to stay competetive … and the easiest methods are negligible wage rises and job cuts, which puts more consumers into the low income bracket looking for the cheapest goods, etc etc

… been through the sudden unemployment scenario a few times myself … damn scary and frustrating … and currently working in a “dead end” job for a wage approx 20% less than many previous jobs :rolleyes:

Thought I would give this thread a bump after finding something to rival “sacking by SMS” on www.internalmemos.com

http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/memodetails.php?memo_id=1641

[b]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 1:38 PM
To: [212 names removed]
Subject: Employment

We have determined that layoffs at Touch America are necessary. This is to inform you that we are eliminating your position effective immediately. We expect the termination of your employment to be permanent and no bumping rights exist.

A packet with information regarding this layoff will be provided to you. For affected employees in Butte, your packet will be issued directly to you by your manager. For affected employees outside of Butte, your packet is being sent to your home address via certified mail today.

You have been paid for your work through Wednesday, June 18, 2003 and termination of your employment may fall within the requirements of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. We regret having to take this action.

Should you have any questions, please contact George Paul @ 406-497-5321 or Marge Noyd @ 406-497-5580.

Robert P. Gannon
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
[/b]