Adding a raptor ?

If I have a single raptor and I want to stripe a pair, can I ghost off the image, add the drive make it raid and then resore the image ?

You might be able to do it but you’ll probably have to do it from Windows unless you make a custom driver disk that allows you to access the RAID array without being in Windows. Norton Ghost 9.0 might do it, but again you need RAID drivers.

Whats a raptop?

I’m assuming it’s a speelin mistake but l the other sixce of the keyboard…

I think it possible but not 100% sure. I’ve done similar going raid1 on win2k. Basically the possible sticking point is windows recognising the raid after you set it up. Way I do it is to enable and make sure the raid controller drivers are installed BEFORE you attempt the operation. Afterwards windows should be able to detect the new raid and after a reboot it’ll work as it should.

No spelling mistake at my end, eyesight problem at your end ?

It lookec like there wqas a speeling mistake…therte might be a problem my end…

I would definately say that they problem is on your end…LOL

But seriously folks…

WALLIS…you definitely CAN ghost a single Raptor and restore it onto a Raptor array, as long as you make the array and format it (best to not have any other drives connected if you want the array to be the C: drive) first. I used Ghost 9.0 when I did it and you need to have your RAID drivers available when booting from the Ghost 9.0 recovery CD.

Cheers mate!

EDIT:

One other thing…if using a server operating system make sure you restore the drive signature as well.

-BUMP-

Hey, does anyone know if you should restore the MBR in this instance? It seems to work fine but I don’t know if I should or not. :confused: