And the Xmas Car jinx strikes again

Power stearing system has blown a metal pipe.

Had a funny belt slipping type sound on way to work - which I think was the 1st sign of the power stearing fluid spraying everywhere.

Steering funny near work, turned into works carpark and no power assisted steering.

Car currently being bodged hopefully down at a local garage on our business estate hoping to sleave it with some rubber tube/pipe.

Hopefully will get me into the Alfa Dealer in Stoke.

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggg :frowning:

mine didnt start last night… but it did this morning after a little bit of tinkering (bloody moisture!)
hope it hold out to get sorted

Bully

In hands of Alfa now :slight_smile:

Temp bodge worked a treat, oddly steering was lighter than before after the bodge
he also found another pipe part of the air system needing doing so he did that as well.

Cost of Bodge… = £6 + Labour = £30 Can’t complain at this time of year.

Fun bit will be the Alfa Bill :frowning: Getting them do do some other jobs as well inc the anti roll bar drop links that need replacing they want over £250 I could get it done for £100 but its a case of it at the dealer just sort it sod the money frame of mind I’m in.

Make sure your stocked up on that WD40 Bully.

My car started perfectly this morning, and got me to work at 5:35 am…

… the swine :frowning:

:Offtopic:

[QUOTE=wolram;405601]My car started perfectly this morning, and got me to work at 5:35 am…

… the swine :([/QUOTE]

You still work :eek: though you’d be on a pension and a bus pass by now :smiley:

Only said it got me there, didn’t say anything about me actually lifting a finger :wink:

… but today was a :censored: day, 4 or 5 didn’t turn up - meaning we had to do their bit too :furious:

What DO you actually do? Pixie Albert?

Jack of all Trades - paid for none :lol:

Food Factory Key Op … Cookers, Extruders, APV, Packing Machinery, blah blah …

… every day I wish I did have that bloody bus pass :sigh:

:worm::scared: Extruder? Golly!

Is that legal?

My journey usually takes between 18 and 25mins, but for some reason every light was green and there was no traffic, so I did it in 12 minutes. Well impressed with that :smiley:

um…why is it a good thing you got there sooner ?

my trip to work usually takes about 10mins… but I work at a school so if im late ill be there at like 9:30 once every child has been deliverd to there schools by a convoy of 19 4X4 per child :frowning:

:furious:

gutting on the car…

My car recently died a horrible death :frowning: had to have a 2nd engine fitted :frowning: looked like someone had put some synthetic liquid in the oil in the engine to hide the fact that it was ****ed :frowning: when we changed the oil bang… dead :frowning:

oh well… only cost £800 to fix :frowning:

on the up side the engine I now have has only done about 40k a lot less than the old one… and all the timing belts and what not have just been changed :slight_smile:

everything has a silver lineing…

be glad you only paid £800 :wink:

£755.22 I’ve just paid - However £523 is the pesky labour charge :frowning:

Put through its 1st MOT and following work…
Power Steering
Anti-Roll Bar drop links
Faulty connection on a fog light
Hand brake cable + new handbrake

Next thats not too far aways is the brakes but that will be our local Quick Fit.

well the curse hit me today, anti roll bar sheared off and if that isnt bad enough my radiator blew and if that isnt bad enough i have reason to believe my head gasket is gone, just fitted a new radiator this afternoon, and the anti roll can wait, because if its not the head gasket its the engine block thats cracked in which case its a write off, and i cant afford a new car :frowning:

I am having car troubles too!!!:frowning:

The alternator started playing up intermittently on Thursday…and last night heard a bang from the rear of my car… and when I have had a look found the NS rear spring has failed :furious:

my mums car just had to have a new battery in it.

and get this, hasn’t had a oil change in 4 years, spark plugs not been change since the car was built, its miss firing alot, causing the rev counter to vary from a high of 1k to a low of only 500rpm (also known and the shacky section before cutting out)

rear suspention is trashed due to the bouncey castle bussiness we did for 2 years.

to add to that, the central locking only works on 2 doors (the front doors) and one of the rear doors won’t open full stop.

talk about buggered eh

I had to spend £3 in the car wash today :frowning: lol

My trusty honda is not causing any troubles :xfinger: but my gf’s peugeot threw another of it’s strange wobblies over christmas. It decided it wanted to turn left all the time. Go in a straight line, indicator indicats left, indicate right no probs until it cancels then indicates left all the time. Told her for a quick fix i’d just remove the fuse for the indicators (well bmw drivers seem to get by without them) but she wasn’t impressed with that idea.
So 1hr later after removing switch, taking it apart, cleaning it and putting it back together all is fine again…cost £0.00, not bad compared to a new switch for about £180.
Wonder what strangeness it’s going to come up with next.

(well bmw drivers seem to get by without them)
bloody true!!!

[QUOTE=thundersaurus;405845]my mums car just had to have a new battery in it.

and get this, hasn’t had a oil change in 4 years, spark plugs not been change since the car was built, its miss firing alot, causing the rev counter to vary from a high of 1k to a low of only 500rpm (also known and the shacky section before cutting out)

rear suspention is trashed due to the bouncey castle bussiness we did for 2 years.

to add to that, the central locking only works on 2 doors (the front doors) and one of the rear doors won’t open full stop.

talk about buggered eh[/QUOTE]

Using babel fish Ebay edition

• Needs a oil change and possibly plug gaps setting, occasional mis fire
  • Some service history
  • Central locking intermittent but havent checked fuses
  • Soft rear suspension for a comfortable ride

Pretty sure starter battery on Bessie is goosed, plenty of volts from alternator but won’t hold a charge for very long. However the winch battery installed next to it under the seat is very very handy for jump starts - I really need some 6" 600A jump leads :slight_smile: