Are you guys using GPUs?

Are you guys using GPUs to dock?

I am trying to figure out if GPUs are worth using and how the stats work…

Anyone know?

Butuz

EDIT - just re read your post - No Docking does not use GPUs - But you can Fold or crunch SETI and GPUGRID under BOINC with them .

Aah cheers!

So docking can deffo use GPUs or is it just Seti and CPUGRID?

Butuz

[QUOTE=Butuz;438753]Aah cheers!

So docking can deffo use GPUs or is it just Seti and CPUGRID?

Butuz[/QUOTE]

Docking cannot use GPUs or I would be pushing for top spot.

Ah thats a shame :frowning:

Butuz

[QUOTE=Butuz;438755]Ah thats a shame :frowning:

Butuz[/QUOTE]

For Nvidia GPU look at GPU Grid or SETI
If you have a ATI 3800 or 4800 seiries card or newer you might want to look at Milkyway.

If Docking used grapics cards you’ld probably be in a world of hurt.:catfight::slight_smile:

Hmmm I’ve a couple of GTX295’s that say they disagree…:smiley:

G

Docking GPU is in development …

A whole load of shrubberies will be burnt when it’s done :devil:

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;438771]Docking GPU is in development …

A whole load of shrubberies will be burnt when it’s done :devil:

DT.[/QUOTE]
:eek:Blasphemy!:nono:

Will it be for Nvidia only or will it be done for ATI as well? The ATI cards are much faster.

Will it be for Nvidia only or will it be done for ATI as well? The ATI cards are much faster.[/QUOTE]

Oh, heck, it’s gone straight out of my head - but I believe a cross-platform solution is in development. I’m an Nvidia user, but I don’t deny the latest ATI cards look good. :slight_smile:

Talking of GPU’s…

this card : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160748

worth the splash for the output ?

[QUOTE=placidsheep;438822]Talking of GPU’s…

this card : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160748

worth the splash for the output ?[/QUOTE]

Best 260 for the money in the US is the MSI N260GTX-T2D896-OCv4. It has 216 cores (as opposed to 192 above) and is factory overclocked to 655 MHz cores, 2100 MHz memory. I don’t know about availabilty in the UK.

GTS 250 seems to be best bang for the buck at £100 off from what I can work out. Having 2 or 3 of those will give some bonkers output per box :smiley:

Butuz

[QUOTE=Butuz;438830]GTS 250 seems to be best bang for the buck at £100 off from what I can work out. Having 2 or 3 of those will give some bonkers output per box :smiley:

Butuz[/QUOTE]

link ?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductId=28666

Today only though I think! Price may go up on monday!

Butuz

GTS 250’s are crap… There G80 chip thingy. just like a 8800gts i think but the GTS 250 has been OC’d…

The GTS 250 is a rebadged 9800 GTX+. Not exactly crap, but it’s not a G200 chip, so the name change irked a lot of people.

I wouldnt exactly say that. They seem to be best value at crunching from all the graphs I’ve seen! I am coming at this from a crunching point of view as i don’t care which is better at Crysis :stuck_out_tongue:

As you can see the GTS250 is a fair chunk faster in folding than the 9800 and thus 8800 cards?

Butuz

I don’t know how Folding works but that chart is deceptive in terms of pure processing. The numbers for the 9800 GX2 and the GTX 295 need to be doubled as those cards have two GPUs. It looks like those results were measured with SLI enabled or are per GPU, not per card.