Argh! Noisy f**king car

Right, we have this complete tw4t living in our street who has the noisiest car ever. It wouldn’t be too bad if he didn’t rev the engine right up…

Anyway, he drives really fast to the first speed-bump, slows, quiet… accelerates to second one with stupidly loud noise. Slows, quiet. Then accelerates away after the last speedbump (just outside my house) giving out the loudest noise possible ever.

…and I have to suffer this f**king torture 3 or 4 times a day… :mad:

FFS, I am going to key his car and slash his tyres…

Anyone got any legal tips on how to deal with this?

I noticed he only has a v.small number plate in his front window, illegal? Also, only one brake light works… maybe the car is over the legal noise limit allowed - anyone know what that limit is?

Just stick a spud up the exhaust one night :sneaky:

See if you can get a bag of sugar into his petrol tank.

Speed bumps are a pain in the ar$e - rather you than me living next to one :frowning:

Hmm I’m not sure sticking sugar in a petrol tank is strictly entirely legal :confused: :smiley:

The only ‘legal’ solution I can think of would be to ask him to modify his driving style as it’s very noisy and irritating…

Call the cops. They love to find something wrong with kids who have illegally loud cars. Even if they don’t have a sound meter to prove his crime, they may be able to force him to have his car reinspected. Be sure to have several of your neighbors call the cops as well.

Originally posted by richardlellisjr
Call the cops. They love to find something wrong with kids who have illegally loud cars. Even if they don’t have a sound meter to prove his crime, they may be able to force him to have his car reinspected. Be sure to have several of your neighbors call the cops as well.

That’s the stupid thing, he isn’t a kid, he’s a 32-ish year old with a modded piece of crap on wheels.

It isn’t the speed bumps which make the noise but the engine/exhaust combo, and I’m pretty sure it’s above the 74dB limit outlined in EU noise policies.

a lad in my street had one of those cherry bombs on his exhaust someone got the law out coz of the noise and they told him to remove it there and then

Originally posted by Karlloss
Just stick a spud up the exhaust one night :sneaky:

My very first thought too :stuck_out_tongue:

if hes 32y/o surely you could go round and have a rational conversation, or use some persuasion.

Either way let him know how much of a sod he is, and then just go every other channel: the law/sugar/etc…

Hmmm tricky one this … :chin:

… 1/4 pound of cemtex stuck to gearbox, connected with a centrifugal detonator inside one of the hubcaps … when he accelerates away from the first hump, he won’t reach the second :sneaky:

Custard filled speed bumps:D

Or
Just amble up to him and say ’ excuse me m8, I don’t mean to be rude but do you realise what a dick you look doing that all the time’.

Or
Tell the law he’s dealing drugs.

Or
Move :wink:

Originally posted by SPEEDYJ
Tell the law he’s dealing drugs.

I have a feeling he may be…

Originally posted by metz2000
I have a feeling he may be…

Tell the law and he might get… 6 months inside like Brendon Fearon did for dealing heroin :mad: Sorry for off topic rant but that really ****es me off.

I’m going to give the police a ring and let them know that i think his car produces more than 74dB from the exhaust, and that a brake light isn’t working.

Does anyone know if is illegal to have the front number plate in the front window?

Have a look at this see if it helps
http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/noise/suffer/suffer1.htm

I don’t know the attitude the cops take there. Here his car would be examined for violations. If he refused to fix it he would get a pile of violations.

32 can be a kid, it sounds like you’ve got one there.:smiley:

Originally posted by richardlellisjr
[B]I don’t know the attitude the cops take there. Here his car would be examined for violations. If he refused to fix it he would get a pile of violations.

32 can be a kid, it sounds like you’ve got one there.:smiley: [/B]

Here I would phone the police and they would be like “We might take a look later on if we have the time” …

So I’d have to phone again and ask them if they looked into it. If this continued I would probably then get done for wasting police time.

Thing is, they generally are only interested in sorting big crimes out in the UK and don’t deal with the little things. My car was broken into at the start of the year and they didn’t even come out to check it.

I call the police an average of once a month. In my town (very high taxes) they respond within 3 minutes. Elsewhere mileage varies.

They don’t even answer the phone in 3 mins here:mad:

As a first step, I would just slide a print of those noise reg PDFs through his letterbox one night & hope he gets the message.