Australian SETI-Astronomers Detect Unknown Signal

http://grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.blogspot.com/2009/05/australian-seti-astronomers-detect.html

Found this story of interest.
SJ

Thanks for posting.

The Title is misleading… for he is not a SETI astronomer but OSETI.

The only possible signal as mentioned for SETI is the 1977 Wow! signal.
Discovered by Jerry R. Ehman.
Even Ehman has stated his doubts that the signal is of intelligent extraterrestrial origin: “We should have seen it again when we looked for it 50 times. Something suggests it was an Earth-sourced signal that simply got reflected off a piece of space debris.”

This again goes with this post: http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=53146

it is still an interesting read though Vortex, a new take on how to scan the galaxy for life or evidence of possible life.

I don’t run around bashing all the failed drug projects results, and Distributed Computing has had it’s fair share of bio project that have failed the objectives. Those that carry on should be given credit for effort to reach the original goal. And let us all remember that without SETI, Boinc would not exist and the work on all our projects would have been under a different platform.

Boinc is SETI’s greatest achievement imo.

DT.

[quote=DoubleTop;439677]it is still an interesting read though Vortex, a new take on how to scan the galaxy for life or evidence of possible life.

I don’t run around bashing all the failed drug projects results, and Distributed Computing has had it’s fair share of bio project that have failed the objectives. Those that carry on should be given credit for effort to reach the original goal. And let us all remember that without SETI, Boinc would not exist and the work on all our projects would have been under a different platform.

Boinc is SETI’s greatest achievement imo.

DT.[/quote]

I never said it wasn’t interesting DT… in fact I loved it. It validates what I was stating. My main point was the title was wrong. He does not support SETI, but OSETI. They should have got that right.
Also Jerry R. Ehman himself has stated the WOW Signal was not an ET transmission, and they failed to point that out, leaving the reader thinking otherwise. It was lacking information that is essential in making opinion.
That was my point.