BOINC Riesel Sieve TPR Team Created.

@DT

A linux app is planned, but there is no timeline for release yet - the sieve software does not currently have a linux app (although the windows app runs fine under WINE).

Hopefully we’ll have something for linux in the coming months.

Maybe give that a shot?

under wine would mean a right mess of my diskless - I can wait. I’ve got boinc on one windows machine I think, possibly two as I generally run it for the beta testing of the core and client. Not that many linux diskless and MAC users in the test group.

Another iMac getting ordered tomorrow :smiley:

DT.

I read more on the forums and it just seems to be a bug somewhere in the actual linux app that they are trying to work out. Shouldn’t be too long judging by the post from the programmer. Then again…

Just PM’d the developer from that thread I think you refer to. No magic wand guarantee, but as I’m coding c++ on linux at the moment …

Who thought 24 hours in a day was enough :cuckoo: :wink:

DT.

No linux app for the BOINC app.
Though the application they use (JJsieve) has a client that works on Windows and 'nix, they are having problems with porting it to be used with BOINC.

http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=847

EDIT: lol missed the posts after DT’s one there :rolleyes:

Yep. Thats the post I read.

With any luck they will come around :wink:
Another update later today. Just got back from 12hr night shift so i’m simply just not in the mood :slight_smile:

Well I’ve got the source wrappers and will have a tinker tonight hopefully. I’ve got a 5pm deadline to hit that is getting more and more impossible as the day goes on as a client has an “issue” :cry:

DT.

Team Phoenix Rising Riesel Sieve

Total Factors: 204 +6

Welcome Unidentified member who has yet to post a unit :wink:

Our Crunchers:

Pos       Name      Total Factors                 Credit          RAC     
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1.    Mackerel                192              10,461.37       104.34
2.    fenix25                  6                  463.29        41.79
3.    Michael Roberts          6                  270.57        25.42

a 10% share of my a64-3000 laptop that is on 24/7 :slight_smile:

DT.

Team Phoenix Rising Riesel Sieve

Total Factors: 222 +12

Our Crunchers:

Pos       Name      Total Factors                 Credit          RAC     
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1.    Mackerel                200              10,974.06       119.57
2.    fenix25                  13                 722.38        62.24
3.    Michael Roberts           9                 488.60        42.12

Another update tommorow… just finished the second of 3 12hr night shifts, so i’m not really in an update mood :wink:

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the size of the work units and results? Thanks :slight_smile:

Riesel Seive is using 25.84MB on my disk, with currently no workunits in my cache. I’ve never really looked at how large the various workunits or results are, so I’ll also be interested to find out.

If you’re talking filesizes, I don’t have exact figures but it is next to nothing for normal units and results.

There is one large file (10’s of MB) it works off which is downloaded when your start the project for the first time, or after each time a prime is found. That is infrequent, maybe a few times a year or so.

Normal work is a small text file to indicate where to work. Results are again a text file of status and factors if any. Maybe add a bit for boinc overhead, but still very little. It wouldn’t surprise me if the overhead from boinc was actually higher…

Having trouble connecting to the Riesel Sieve homepage so an update will come when I can get through…

Think they said they were moving servers… but can’t remember exactly as it was in the forums :smiley:

hehe… well we shall have to wait then :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking. My file transfer is slow due to a dialup connection.

I can handle individual work units and results in the range of 300 KB’s but if they are in the MB range my I/O might be too slow to make it worth while.

My one computer makes a connection for an hour at night, the other gets 2 hours. Computer #2 was crunching Rosetta during September.

Website it still down. I have been able to download work but not upload… should be a nice bump when it goes through… update will have to wait also :frowning:

STILL DOWN!!

Managed to pull up the main page for a bit this morning, but no longer. Still have units waiting to report.