CPDN unit finished. Yippee!!

It took a long while and the trickles turned into a flood, but the CPDN unit finally finished:

Account data for Droid
climateprediction.net member since	27 May 2007
Country	United Kingdom
Total credit	[B]50,699.52[/B]
Total CPU time(s) 11,291,529.12
Recent average credit	279.26
HadSM3 Model-Years	335.31
HadSM3 Complete (45-year) Runs	7.45

Certainly finished quicker with the graphics card and RAM upgrade and I found it an easy project to maintain. I’ve turned it off for now and I am currently running Cosmology, SIMAP and Rosetta with no bother at all. :cool:

[QUOTE=Droid;405758]It took a long while and the trickles turned into a flood, but the CPDN unit finally finished:

Account data for Droid
climateprediction.net member since	27 May 2007
Country	United Kingdom
Total credit	[B]50,699.52[/B]
Total CPU time(s) 11,291,529.12
Recent average credit	279.26
HadSM3 Model-Years	335.31
HadSM3 Complete (45-year) Runs	7.45

Certainly finished quicker with the graphics card and RAM upgrade and I found it an easy project to maintain. I’ve turned it off for now and I am currently running Cosmology, SIMAP and Rosetta with no bother at all. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I wonder why the gfx card upgrade had an afffect ?

If you look at the modelling when in progress it creates a 3D map of the cloud cover, winds, pressures that sort of thing, in speeded up time that you can use as a screensaver. It’s quite interesting to watch too, so I guess the graphics card upgrade speeds this process up although I’m not quite sure.

What graphics were you using before??

depends weather the new graphics card had enough of its own ram as to not share the pc’s ram… thus your pc had more to use when crunching :slight_smile:

I think :smiley:

Standard on-mobo graphics. Upgraded to a 256mb Inno3d Pcie card.

Yeah freeing system RAM will have helped :slight_smile:

Nice points for 1 unit though isn’t it :smiley:

Can’t argue with that, but the 7 month wait was a chore :smiley: