Crunchy hog designer departs

Hi, not sure if this is the place to post this: please move it if not.

Bob Whitaker, builder of the “Crunchy Hog” which is refered to here elsewhere just died of a heart attack aged 49. The hog’s still humming, although I suppose I’ll have to switch it off once I figure out how.

http://www.wigglesworld.klebos.com/bob.asp

I’m so sorry to hear this :frowning: My condolences to his family.

I’m very sorry to here this too, RIP Bob and condolences to his family:(

Bob was an inspiration to many (myself included) in the formative years of TPR, he will be greatly missed :frowning:

I’m not very good at things like this, but I did hold massive respect for Bob and his work and effort. I am really sorry to hear this news. The hog was one of the “first breed” of farms and inspired many, I still look at the photos and think “I wish mine was that nicely setup”.

His contributions will be sorely missed.

DT.

Just read the page you linked to… and followed it back to the origonal TPR thread.
Great guy, loads of achievments and reasons to smile about the things he did, seemed to throw himself into loads of different things and enjoy them all.

Insperational guy, hope he finds his way onwards :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear your news Phil.
Always admired the attention to detail Bob put into his creation.

In light of this news I’ll be fundraising for the British Heart Foundation on Decembers trip to Bajnul.

:frowning: Really sorry to hear that, the man was an inspiration to me. Please pass on our condolences to his family if you can.

A sad loss to the crunching community at large. Condolences to his family Phil. :frowning:

Thanks guys… he really was a nice guy, and he could build just about anything. It was a privilege to know him.

Legally it’s not down to me, but if anyone has any ideas what to do with the cruncy hog please feel free to mail me. I guess this stuff ages really quickly, but as far as I know it’s still functional.

If you know any other places on the net he hung out then please either point me there or post something directly. I don’t want people to think he just disappeared on them. I’ll have a shot at breaking into some of his machines (I think he has about 60 separate PCs in addition to the Crunchy Hog) and see if I can find some of his places from there, but it may take a while!

cheers

How about donating the CH to the seti foundation with the condition they run it for the prupose it was built?

That is really to bad and I am sadden to her this news. :frowning: Bob was one of the ealier adopters of diskless crunching back in the seti I days, A diskless salute to Bob and his work.

I agree with Juggy this one, that setup is to nice to just turn off.