Does anyone have....

FTP space, I’ve got a brilliant set that a DJ friend (Reese PK) recorded for me and I’d like to share it with all the clubbers on this site.

Specially Matt;)

I need about 55MB.

I’ll rip it to .wma, zip it and upload.

Why not make torrent out of it, then upload it to suprnova.org, this is exactly the sort of thing the Bit Torrent client was writen for. :nod:

The more folks that want to DL it, the faster the file will run. (and won’t be strangled by one users UL limit)

SB

Originally posted by Stevieboy
[B]Why not make torrent out of it, then upload it to suprnova.org, this is exactly the sort of thing the Bit Torrent client was writen for. :nod:

The more folks that want to DL it, the faster the file will run. (and won’t be strangled by one users UL limit)

SB [/B]

I’m confused, don’t know how this works.

I’m on a 56K dialup, does it matter?

BT is great as long as its not copywrited material hey SB :slight_smile:

I’m sure no one from TPR would ever share files that they didn’t own the copywrite to and if they were ever to, unknowingly, they wouldn’t do it via these forums :wink:

For starters, as far as I understand. When a DJ buys a vinyl and mixes a demo disc he has full right to do so. As far as I understand the copyright laws are very different when it comes to club music etc.

If anyone knows otherwise please don’t hesitate to contact me.

No idea mate, very good question and wouldn’t mind knowing the answer myself, maybe your DJ friend would know ?

Originally posted by N2OCapri
BT is great as long as its not copywrited material

Never occured to me that folks could abuse such a marvelous client to that end. Would be best to look into the legalities of a DJs show reference the music he used and his way of working with it before setting up a torrent i suppose.

SB

LMAO @ all of ya! :lol: :chuckle:

you guys better move this one to the comedy forum! :haha: :haha:

For those of you who don’t know, Bit Torrent is a TOTAL LEGITIMATE file sharing application, with many office based applications, unlike DC++ and Kazaa which are firmly based in the warez community and are used to rip of copyrighted software.

I thought i best post this before some do gooder accuses members of this forum of using p2p programs for illegal purposes before they actually get off their @rses and look into what the application is REALLY meant for. It amazing how small minded some people can be isn’t it? :rolleyes:

SB

edit: this isn’t aimed at anybody in this thread, but i know that there will be some clowns out there looking for an excuse to run us down.

I’m sick and tired of reading in these forums about ppl using p2p software to rip off the legal copyright of software and music.

I can’t be bothered getting off my arse looking into Bit Torrent, but to my eyes it looks like more of the same.

Regards

A small-minded do-gooder clown.

:smiley: :wink: :smiley: :wink:

Originally posted by TPR_Mojo

:smackbum: :haddock: :smackbum: :haddock: :smackbum: :haddock:

Bloody women :stuck_out_tongue:

From SlashDot:-
Red Hat Linux 9 is out, and as of today the ISOs are officially available to Red Hat Network subscribers ($60/yr). Or, as of right now, you can grab the same ISOs using BitTorrent. For those unfamiliar with this free/Free P2P download protocol, an introduction follows, written by ololiuhqui. Update: 03/31 23:45 GMT by J: After roughly four hours, BitTorrent has transferred over 500 full copies of all 3 ISOs, and a total of over 1.5 TB, at 170 Mbytes/sec. Thanks to the more than 3000 people who helped each other download the data, and especially to the more than 200 who got full copies and still have their clients open, to keep serving data to everyone else :slight_smile:

Just an example of the totally legitimate use of this system.

SB

Impressive download stats there mate, maybe we should be thinking about this for TPR meets? Would maybe save the usual suspects from being nailed by everyone else over the network.

Originally posted by MAOJC
[B]LMAO @ all of ya! :lol: :chuckle:

you guys better move this one to the comedy forum! :haha: :haha: [/B]

Now that was confusing:confused:

Originally posted by Mojo
[B]I’m sick and tired of reading in these forums about ppl using p2p software to rip off the legal copyright of software and music.

I can’t be bothered getting off my arse looking into Bit Torrent, but to my eyes it looks like more of the same.

Regards

:smiley: :wink: :smiley: :wink: [/B]

Now do you actually know the copyright laws wrt personally mixed music??? Not very fair to jump the gun without the info.

As far as I understand when music has been mixed by a DJ it changes the music all together thus being different from the original. It can be shared but not sold. If there were strict copyright laws on club music then every DJ would need to license every piece of music they have to be played in public. As I’m sure you know, being a bar owner yourself, you need a license to play music CD’s in your pub, well that’s the way it works in SA.

Roight, I have checked with my mate and you can distribute mixes and tunes but can’t sell them.

So IF anyone wants this mix and no-one else is going to get their backs up again is there anyone that has FTP space I can use?

/If anyone still thinks this is unappropriate then delete the thread if you want.

Originally posted by JUGGY
[B]Roight, I have checked with my mate and you can distribute mixes and tunes but can’t sell them.

So IF anyone wants this mix and no-one else is going to get their backs up again is there anyone that has FTP space I can use?

/If anyone still thinks this is unappropriate then delete the thread if you want. [/B]

I can upload it on my webspace if you want. Mail the zip to my teamphoenixrising . de addy and I can upload it during the night. Or we could open WASTE for it again. :smiley:

Are you sure I can mail it? It’s 68MB.

Originally posted by JUGGY
Are you sure I can mail it? It’s 68MB.

That would be about a week on a dial up :wink: :smiley:

My mailbox should be able to take it but WASTE might be the better choice. Since you haven’t been part of the little WASTE network we had before, I will mail you the prog later.

/EDIT you have mail :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Len
[B]My mailbox should be able to take it but WASTE might be the better choice. Since you haven’t been part of the little WASTE network we had before, I will mail you the prog later.

/EDIT you have mail :slight_smile: [/B]

Thanks Len, I’ve installed it and tried to import your public key but it says that there’s no public key in the text:confused:

I’m also broadcasting my public key.