FAO Gatekeeper

OY !! Stand still for a while will ya :lol:

I keep getting closer, but you’re only supposed to guard the gate … not pick it up and move it forward every few hours :smiley:

… and all this charging about in your dust is leaving me with a hooooge laundry bill, not to mention the onset of asthma :haha:

Hehe,

You have been threatening to stomp me for nearly a week now :smiley:

Might have to roll out the big guns (p233mmx to hold off the onslaught)

GAteKeeper

oooooooh it’s close… very close :slight_smile:

but seeing as this is my only comp, and Friday nights are usually fragging nights (MOHAA), then it may end up a weekend overtaking manouver :frowning:

… or a couple of days playing leapfrog ? :rolleyes:

… depending on just how that p233 is performing :slight_smile:

Think the P233 will do better being thrown out behind your self GAteKeeper for Wolram to trip over than crunching unit :lol:

I think i have had a repreave due to the lack of stats :smiley:

BUT i will be pulling out the stops!!!

Out of interest what do you run? I have a P4 1.6 512Mb running 24/7 and an occational T’Bird 1.2 (main machine) cunching.

GAteKeeper

Why guard the gate when one can lead from the front?

Running a borrowed xp1900 at moment (usual is 1 gig athlon), with 256DDR mem, windoze ME on a chaintech 7VJL Deluxe mobo.

Hoping to get some cash for at least an XP1700 before the borrowed one goes back, but it aint looking good :frowning:

I would guess that it’s crunching about 18 - 20 hours a day, depends what other things I get up to :rolleyes:

I should think that whatever happens, we’ll be hovering around each other for a few weeks mate :smiley:

P.S. I see this bit of light banter has dramaticaly increased your post count … c’mon, don’t be shy, get stuck into some of these forums (although posts containing the words “sheep” and “ambrosia” can be quite frightening at times) :nod:

Problem is: Should I let you two pass me and then leave you for dust or enter into this and make it a 3-way (Mincer! Leave it!)

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job
Problem is: Should I let you two pass me and then leave you for dust or enter into this and make it a 3-way (Mincer! Leave it!)

:slight_smile: looks like we’ve gone for the first option mate :lol: … although I’m sure that you are planning a counter strike even as I type :sneaky: :devil:

looks like fun for a while guys, but please remember to drop a few lettuce leaves for the tortoise as we pass :nod:

mmm i think you are right that we will be hovering arround for a while.

I seem to remember stomping Bob-A-job before christmas, but then my machine was off for 4 weeks do to me not being at uni but at home. This is why i dont have a large post count (currently 3) because i joined and promptly went home!

You seem to have increased your pace in the last few days - minor stompage due to dump times but i am not gone yet :smiley:

GAteKeeper

:slight_smile: I’ve just looked, and at this moment you have regained the initiative, seems like it’s leapfrog time :smiley:
I’m sure Bob a Job will drop a few also when he notices that we slipped past under cover of darkness :haha:

… maybe we should have a Yellow Jersey smilie, and the leader after every 8 hours could display it in his siggy? :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by wolram
I’ve just looked, and at this moment you have regained the initiative

:nono:

I’m sure Bob a Job will drop a few also when he notices that we slipped past under cover of darkness

:nod:

:stomp: :moon:

hmmm not bad Bob a Job :slight_smile:

But I would like to draw your attention to page 17, paragraph 3, subsection (ii) in the handbook Tips on Stomping by C.R.Uncher “… the short spurt, (although usefull as a short term measure), has been proven to be quite ineffectual for filling one’s boots, compared to those with a constant dribble …”
:haha: :haha:

:Poke: :smackbum:

Who says I let them all out?:Poke::hehehmm::haddock:

oooh heck, doesn’t sound too good :frowning:

…now lets see :chin: sudden short spurts, the inability to dump everything at once, cheeking yer elders, … seems to me you need complete rest for a few days :slight_smile: Set your comp to crunch for someone else’s account, drink plenty of water, take 2 aspirins and go lay down in a darkened coalshed until Monday :sneaky:

:haddock:

[B]oooh heck, doesn’t sound too good :frowning:

…now lets see :chin: sudden short spurts, the inability to dump everything at once, cheeking yer elders, … seems to me you need complete rest for a few days :slight_smile: Set your comp to crunch for someone else’s account, drink plenty of water, take 2 aspirins and go lay down in a darkened coalshed until Monday[/B]

I can do all of the above :haha: except the bit about cruching to another account. The problem is, I don’t have another account:(

And if gets me away from the comp, no gaming for a couple of days, that should be more than enough to keep me in front for a while:lol:

:slight_smile: I see you’ve had another dribble mate … just enough to keep the Yellow Jersey for a while longer :smiley:

I would do better here if it wasn’t for the gaming and things :frowning: but even if I dared to mention getting another computer, I would end up doing my own cooking/washing/ironing etc.etc :eek:

… wives and kids :rolleyes: they just don’t understand why I LMAO at pages on a computer screen :smiley: :smiley:

Change your tack mate…

They NEED another computer!:nod:

I have convinced mine, the kids agree, so in a couple of months, this machine is theirs and I should have a brand, sparkley new one built.

I have been training mine and the 6yr old can now operate my SetiQ and SetiDriver and I started training my 4yr old this morning on how to use it.:scared:

Go on, you know it makes sense:nod:

And yes, I dibbled a couple, might dribble a few more before tonight if I am to keep my word for Deaky’s news tomorrow.

Ha ha nice one mate, and I see the Keeper of the Gates is keeping quiet :confused: I hope he isn’t moving them too far forward this time :eek:

/… pops head out of cave to listen for the sound of heavy oblects being dragged past :smiley:

Mmm what to say…

I think I have lost this race; you seem to have found some extra speed and the ability to stay 1-2 ahead :(.

I bow down to the superior crunching power of the XP :hail: :hail:

As for Bob-A-Job - we will get you yet, I feel the need for a 2GHz Athlon so I might become more competitive yet :smiley:

GAteKeeper

Ever vigilant Keeper of the Gates of Hell

You could have given us more warning bob!!

That :bigdump: has had major reverberations

GAteKeeper