Forensic Entomology

I quote…

Forensic entomology is the use of insect knowledge in the investigation of crimes or even civil disputes.

What do they do…pop 'round the local insect hangout and ask a few questions? :confused:

there are probably lots of undiscovered uses for insects in the investigation of crimes

Move over Magnum PI, the 'roaches have this one covered! :smiley:

Look, told you!

Sherlock Holmes, eat your heart out! :smiley:

Originally posted by Bibby
I What do they do…pop 'round the local insect hangout and ask a few questions? :confused:

They usually do in depth studies on maggot populations within decomposing corpses :eek: I presume the forensic entomolgists can then estimate the time of death?

they also use the TYPE of maggots to identify species not indigenous to where the body was found. ie where the body was moved to floated downriver etc.

:puke:

Ohhhhhh a science thread :smiley:

Forensic Entomology is also used in tracing drug origins as often insects get transported with the drugs. These species of insect can then be identified and the probable place where the drugs were produced can be determined.

if you don’t believe me check this out.

You lot…:wink:

I know what forensic entomology is, I was just hoping for a bit more stupidity. :smiley:

[B]You lot…:wink:

I know what forensic entomology is, I was just hoping for a bit more stupidity. :smiley: [/B]

ROFL :smiley:

Try reading almost any book by Kathy Reichs if you do need to know tho :nod:

[B]You lot…:wink:

I know what forensic entomology is, I was just hoping for a bit more stupidity. :smiley: [/B]

[white lab coat speech on] erm, sorry, can’t seem to find the ‘off’ switch for my scientific brain :help: [/white lab coat speech off]