GFX Cards

Im using a ABIT-NF7

Problem is that Mandrake 9 does’nt reckonize the nForce2 chip.
Debian install but i cant start X to congigure it.

Now i got a copy of Red Hat 9 and it installs cleanly but it dosent like my Geforce 2 MX 400 or my Geforce 4 MX 420D so can anyone reconmend a video card that works with Red Hat 9.

Many Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

No-one???

My Geforce 4 works a treat with many Linux distros especially if you get the drives from NVidia.

Debian is a pig to get X working properly on.

FWIW my GF2 MX400 works fine under RH9, is detected at install time no probs :confused:

Check out http://linuxcompatible.org/category1.html for some driver news :slight_smile:

My GF3 also works fine in RH9. I thought most, if not all, nVidia cards were ok in Linux?

Now will a Matrox P750 work, that’s the question?

My problem is with Red Hat 9 I cant get it up on the screen with any of the resolutions , so how would i change the drivers if I cant use RPM.Can’t even see the initial boot once it gets past the text stage so I can configure the screen

Originally posted by agd1
My problem is with Red Hat 9 I cant get it up on the screen with any of the resolutions , so how would i change the drivers if I cant use RPM.Can’t even see the initial boot once it gets past the text stage so I can configure the screen

Boot to run level 3 then use Xconfigurator.

You could also do it by sshing in. I believe RH9 still installs and activated sshd by default :eek:

In the event of X being broken you can always get to a tty login prompt with

CTRL-ALT-F1

CTRL-ALT-F7 will switch back to X

Well there was nothing wrong with the installation all I did was change monitors and it works. The other monitor might have been to old fot the refresh rates. Thanks for all your help fellas.:slight_smile: