Goodbye virginmedia, hello Plusnet!

:lol: Don’t think I’ll be signing up with vm

I need to have the front garden renovated, either re-gravelled or block paved.
The stumbling block is, about an inch down in the mud, maybe two at most is a Virgin media cable.

I thought as its on my property and unused I could just stick a spade through it and commence refurbishment but apparently not, Its Beardy-Bransons property and mere mortals must not interfere with it.

To get it removed I need to log a ticket, Virgin will not allow me to log a ticket without a customer number, my old one does not exist.
So to get a cable removed that I dont use, I have to pay to become a customer to remove the service I dont use or want :confused:

I hope the cable isnt too badly affected by two tonnes of Mitsubishi being parked on it but as the junction box lost its lid in the storms parking on the cable “might” stop rain running down inside the co-ax.
The cable cabinet is down hill from my house by some margin.

I would tell them about it, but you know, I have better things to do.

As for Plusnet, still Champion, fibre is due this year.
Switched to a new package, saved on the bill AND got a router upgrade for free.

Anyone still living in the dial up dark ages or only having Virgin broadband to choose from might be interested in Gigaclear community broadband, up 100m up and down, ideal for teleworking in your country retreat.

brother in-law has moved to Hong Kong, for £20 a month he has 300Mb up and down :cry:

Yeah but thats just to give the NSA enough bandwidth to keep an eye on him.

Closing the final page on the Virginmedia book of bumper jokes I just drop kicked my VirginMobile over the horizon thanks to This handy guide
How to port your number from Virgin to another provider such as GiffGaff.

Virgin issued the PAC code over the phone and through an SMS so once my shiny new phone turns up, I’m off.

Sorry Mr Branson, its not you, its the assortment of muppets sprinkled throughout your empire that boils my ****.
Just to highlight this I used to get rewards that piled up from spending money with you, every £1000 pounds I spent was worth £100 off an over priced PAYG phone.
Over the years, I’ve had four phones through this and put them all on Virginmobile, then without warning or any form of contact, you stopped the rewards scheme.
So today I was surprised to see £10 of credit has accrued on a scheme you stopped a year ago.

Dear Virgin, see if you can start these well known phrases
— Right hand
— Elbow
— Brewery

:rolleyes:

You guys are lucky with all your options. For an uncapped 40mbps VDSL service we pay around 200 quid or R3800. My home connection is 6mbps uncapped and costs about 50 quid a month. That is internet only, no TV, no phone calls, no nuffink.

I have internet only and Netflix, independant of each other they cost £22/month all in for a 6Mb ADSL link.

Has Cape Town got decent 4G coverage?
I was wondering if a few dozen 4G masts with microwave back-haul would cover the area with less cable to steal than hard wired premises connections.

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;466521]I have internet only and Netflix, independant of each other they cost £22/month all in for a 6Mb ADSL link.

Has Cape Town got decent 4G coverage?
I was wondering if a few dozen 4G masts with microwave back-haul would cover the area with less cable to steal than hard wired premises connections.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not, LTE/3G bandwidth is terribly expensive. Fortunately we don’t have many cable theft issues in and around where I live. The worst problems we have are fiber links being ripped up by farmers or stolen in the outlying areas.

Soon FTTH will be available hopefully. I’ll take a 100/10mbps connection. 100mbps local and 10mbps international. I’ll take all my media services over the wire. At the moment it’s all satellite.

I tried to future proof my last router purchase by buying the MikroTik RB2011 with the SFP port