GPU for F@H

Well its that time again that im going to upgrade my GPU. The obvious choice is NVIDIA, however the guys at aria and some other place suggested i go with the 570 over 460 SLI, but they have the SLI later view, but tbh by the time i come around to upgrade it again, it will only be worth replacing it. Im lost in the world of NVIDIA :spin: haven’t followed them for a good 4 years.

Its pretty much purely for F@H, i dont really game on anything demanding other than some java based browser games, so im purely looking for higher PPD. Have ~£300 or so, so what do the experts suggest? :Plot:

This will probably be my last big upgrade until Ivy Bridge, but possibly a new case before then. Will probably then replace the Pent D file server with this once ivy bridge is here.

after seeing what some of the higher cards could do over on Aria, the more cores the better, my dual (non-sli) 460’s push out 10K ppd each. I think it was Pullen that posted his card on it’s own did 24K ppd, although not sure how important heat and power consumption is for you.

My next upgrade is going to be a 560 I think.

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;458887]after seeing what some of the higher cards could do over on Aria, the more cores the better, my dual (non-sli) 460’s push out 10K ppd each. I think it was Pullen that posted his card on it’s own did 24K ppd, although not sure how important heat and power consumption is for you.

My next upgrade is going to be a 560 I think.

DT.[/QUOTE]

Power is no problem, picked up one of the 800w Mushkins aria just got in, heat shouldnt be a problem either, i’ve dropped the overclock on the 2500k as it seemed to be making F@H slower, perhaps i was doing it wrong, SB completely confused me on the overclocking side as its suggested you only change the multiplier and not the base clock, which i found a bit strange. CPUs max i’ve seen is about 42-45 and idles around the low 20s. Plenty of room for cooling around the cards, the PCIe slots are nicely spread apart and theres plenty of fans on the case with room for another directly over the GPU(s).

24k definetly sounds incredible, although doesnt pullen have 2, anywho 10k+ is definitely a massive improvement.

Guess i will pick up my next card upon returning my motherboard for replacement, depends wheres cheaper at the time, looks like aria is going to crack the deal though :wink: