Hats off to M@tt!!!

/ M@tt trying to get PMM Into R/C :smiley:

Go on M8ee, get a toy

My Kind of R/C would be of the Robot Wars type :wink:

Looks ace fun, I want to take up a hobby like this . I remember there was a boat battles on small lakes site a while back . The boats were old ww2 boats with soft air type weapons aboard :smiley:

I was hoping to have a video or two of my little guy in action but I made a newb mistake last weekend and he’s been in the shop since Monday. :frowning:

No… it wasn’t driving into a tree or ditch or anything like that, I basically didn’t notice the screw holding the bell housing coming loose and by the time I did it was too late. :frowning: The bitch of it is the truck is only missing one little spacer but it’s one of those “custom” jobbies that OFNA is being retardedly slow on sending to the repair shop.

The one thing I’m sure of now is that I’ll never take it to the shop again. I think I’ve spoiled by the 'net in that I’m used to being able to order things overnight if I want/need to. :slight_smile: And I’m not really bashing the shop, but they didn’t even call once to let me know what was going on. I think that next time the truck breaks I’ll take the time to become very familiar with it. :nod:

One good thing that may come of this… I think I’m going to get another one. :eek: I know, I know… it may be overkill but I have a feeling that I may encounter this kind of delay again in the future so why not be prepared right? :confused: :wink: (that and I’ve already replaced the money I used for the first one by just selling some other hobby stuff)

Originally posted by TonyP
Hey Ben what lake ? Tribble Mill? :thumbsup:

You got it! Less than 3 miles from home I believe.

I dunno… seems like something is trying to steer me away from this r/c hobby…

Anybody notice anything wrong? :confused:

:rolleyes:

I live in Johnson City, NEW YORK, not Tennessee! :mad:

What have you bought now Jeff?

:shifty: What you mean? :shifty:

:lol:

I’ll wait 'til after I receive it and then take a couple pics and maybe a video too. :wink:

So… what did you buy back then Jeff ?

/me is saving for an HPI Savage S25

Originally posted by M@tt
[B]I definately have great fun with the boats.

We have a local club Here who are mostly into model sailing boats.

I also have a 1/4 scale Laser [/B]

That’s cool M@tt. Been admiring those RC yachts on Poole Park Lake since I was a wee un’. It could even be what got me into the real thing. Wouldn’t mind a test drive some time though.

Originally posted by The Balrog
That’s cool M@tt. Been admiring those RC yachts on Poole Park Lake since I was a wee un’. It could even be what got me into the real thing. Wouldn’t mind a test drive some time though.

We will have to arrange a meet sometime :slight_smile: I have not had the Laser out for a few months now.

I used to sail the real thing also, many years ok, not Laser’s but larger boats, that was 20 ish years ok now :eek:

I started in dinghys as a youth and got into cruising a bit later. Had a 26 foot Westerly up to 2 years ago but sold because it didn’t even get to the mooring that year due to building my business. The low maintenance of RC really appeals but I don’t know quite how it will go down at the Yacht Club :smiley:

Originally posted by Speedo
[B]So… what did you buy back then Jeff ?

/me is saving for an HPI Savage S25 [/B]

Ended up buying an OFNA Dominator and an OFNA Pirate P10. :smiley: The Dominator is a race truck based on a buggy chasis and the P10 is a 1/10th scale speed demon with a 2 speed transmition that tops out around 45-50MPH.

BTW, both of them are currently waiting for a little TLC(ie. replacement parts) since I’ve been pretty hard on them. Actually, I think the P10 is a little overpowered and things have just been breaking. I’ve gotten pretty good at tearing these down. :wink:

Best hobby I’ve had in a while.

Originally posted by The Balrog
I started in dinghys as a youth and got into cruising a bit later. Had a 26 foot Westerly up to 2 years ago but sold because it didn’t even get to the mooring that year due to building my business. The low maintenance of RC really appeals but I don’t know quite how it will go down at the Yacht Club :smiley:

My Dad had boats and for as long as I can remember we spent nearly every weekend in the summer bobbing around in and out of Poole Harbour :smiley: I spent many a happy weekend :wink: stuck on the side of his sailing boat getting soaked, racing cruisers.

My dad was friends with David Sadler and I remember one school holiday being persuaded to go out with some guy who had bought a Sadler 32, but had very little idea what he was doing, the guy had a marine berth, but did not have the confidence to moor the boat up even.

Now I have an old 5m Rib, but we have not been out for a few years due the age of our children. We used to potter out to Studland and moor, just off the beach in the corner where Old Harry Rocks meets the beach, it was nice a quite there, and we drank beer and got sun burned…those where the days :slight_smile: