K12LTSP LOCALAPPS

I’ve been trying to run localapps on my k12ltsp workstation. I have read and followed the steps provided on the documentation of LTSP but I always get this error.

/usr/lib/opera/8.54-20060330.6/opera: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version GCC_3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6) /usr/lib/opera/8.54-20060330.6/opera: /lib/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.3.4’ not found (required by /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62)

here I’m trying to run opera on my k12ltsp workstation. Can somebody help me with this problem or point me in the right direction of configuring ltsp localapps support? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

you need to either mount your actual lib directory “on top” of the ltsp libs dir, or copy the files from where they reside on your server into the mounted workstation folders. The second option being the easiest of the two.

From terminal do a whereis for the two files, then cp them into your /opt/ltsp/i386/lib folder. Make sure you set the permissions correctly on the files as well.

re: your local apps, what are you trying to run, I’ve never managed to get local apps working correctly with a GUI, but never tried that much as what I use ltsp for does not need a GUI. There are two ways to do it.
From your /opt/ltsp/etc/lts.conf file you should have put LOCAL_APPS = Y
The other way (and how I’ve done it) is is /opt/ltsp/etc/rc.sysintit (or syslocal depending on your server) simply find the bit about local apps, comment out the entire section “Local App daemon stuff”, forcing the workstation into local_app mode.

hth, and it’s early - errors and ommissions and all that :wink:

DT.