KaZaA going down?

Alrighty then, I just logged on to Kazaa, and it said only 4 users online sharing 2gb of stuff:eek: :eek: :eek: What happen to millions of users shared hoooooge amounts of stuff?:confused:

i hope they kill kazaa just cause i hate it worse than microsoft

happy DC++ user here :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

DT waits for the standard Watto repsonse to dc++ …

“3,052,195 users online” according to my Kazaaa Lite connection. :slight_smile:

Aye, a friend of mine says he has received many viruses via Kazaa. I only use it when I absolutely cannot find the, err, ani (:wink: ) anywhere else.

Originally posted by LUC1FER
[B]i hope they kill kazaa just cause i hate it worse than microsoft

happy DC++ user here :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

I hope Kazaa keeps the RIAA tied in knots for a number of years.

Found this in an old PCF mag of mine and the reason why I dont use KazaA.

KazaA includes CyDoor “the least threatening of KazaA’s spyware, CyDoor is responsible for those annoying pop-up browsers that the P2P program spawns from time to time. It also posts ads at the bottom-left of KazaA, and sends information back to CyDoor about which ones you click on”.

BDE/B3D
“This is the scary bit - under the guise of a 3D ad plug-in, it connects your PC to a second P2P network called Altnet, Where it draws its adverts from. But the worst of all, it uses some of your CPU resources to run processes on the network.
Brilliant digital, the developer, can sell your CPU cycles to companies in need of more processing, power, though it promises rewards for those who comply”.

Originally posted by Karlloss
KazaA includes CyDoor "the least threatening of KazaA’s spyware…

[Pedant]

When you install Kazaa, you agree to their EULA (which I know you all read thoroughly ;)). In the EULA it clearly states that installs adware etc onto your PC as well as the Kazaa Media Desktop. Hence it’s NOT spyware.

If you have a problem with this, I suggest that Kazaa lite may be a little more to your tastes. :slight_smile:

[/Pedant]

Kazaa Lite is spyware free, I used adware remover and spy
tracker to make sure that there is no cr@p on my box.
Though I only use Kazaa when I really have to.

Originally posted by dalethfc
… Though I only use Kazaa when I really have to.

Yea, sometimes it’s the only way to track down something rare :frowning:

you know, like err :confused: off the top of my head … erm … the last time Spurs won a major trophy :lol: :Poke:

Or the Last Time Luton got NEAR to winning anything :lol:

… Don’t think the annals of history go that far back mate :frowning:

… unless there are a few Arsenal fans that remember :smiley: