Kubuntu/RKhunter Help Needed

Having had my CC info nicked and misused I’ve taken to look into my system a little more.

I got rkhunter going and that’s flagged up 2 warnings:

1. usr/sbin/unhide
  2. usr/sbin/unhide-linux26

Both are executables and the 1st one points to etc/alternative… blah blah as a link

Not sure if that’s norm? Or what to do if it aint, help most welcome, I don’t want to rebuild things from scratch til I 've learnt where the vulnerability was etc.

Why worry? RKhunter just looks for rootkits i.e. back doors left into your system, or things that look like them. If you are not running servers on the system like openssh etc. there’s nothing it can realistically install without your knowledge that would do any damage.

If you are really worried remove unhide and reinstall it, that should make sure you are running a kosher version.

If your CC info has been taken and you are sure its from that system then I’d be more inclined to look into browser hijacks, add-ons etc. than rootkits.

Thanks Mojo - no rootkits found, just those two warnings to sort
I’ve since done a new linux user account and transfered stuff over etc (previous admin acct deleted now). I’ve only installed some of the addons I had before, that I know were ok. I’m getting there - slowly.