Larf' a minute

Retrospective Mourning

A man placed some flowers on the grave of his dearly departed mother and started back toward his car when his attention was diverted to another man kneeling at a grave. The man seemed to be praying with profound intensity and kept repeating, “Why did you have to die? Why did you have to die?”

The first man approached him and said, “Sir, I don’t wish to interfere with your private grief, but this demonstration of pain is more than I’ve ever seen before. For whom do you mourn so deeply? A child? A parent?”

The mourner took a moment to collect himself, then replied, “My wife’s first husband.”

The Dare

A guy walks into a bar with a pet alligator by his side. He puts the alligator up on the bar. He turns to the astonished patrons. “I’ll make you a deal. I’ll open this alligator’s mouth and place my genitals inside. Then the gator will close his mouth for one minute. He’ll then open his mouth and I’ll remove my unit unscathed. In return for witnessing this spectacle, each of you will buy me a drink.”

The crowd murmured their approval. The man stood up on the bar, dropped his trousers, and placed his privates in the alligator’s open mouth. The gator closed his mouth as the crowd gasped. After a minute, the man grabbed a beer bottle and rapped the alligator hard on the top of its head. The gator opened his mouth and the man removed his genitals unscathed as promised.

The crowd cheered and the first of his free drinks was delivered.

The man stood up again and made another offer. “I’ll pay anyone $100 who’s willing to give it a try”.

A hush fell over the crowd. After a while, a hand went up in the back of the bar. A man timidly spoke up, “I’ll try, but you have to promise not to hit me on the head with the beer bottle”.

Weird Name

Walking through Chinatown, a tourist is fascinated with all the Chinese restaurants, shops, signs and banners. He turns a corner and sees a building with the sign, “Hans Olaffsen’s Laundry.”

“Hans Olaffsen?”, he muses. “How the heck does that fit in here?”

So he walks into the shop and sees an old Chinese gentleman behind the counter.

The tourist asks, "How did this place get a name like “Hans Olaffsen’s Laundry?”

The old man answers, “Is name of owner.”

The tourist asks, “Well, who and where is the owner?”

“Me, is right here,” replies the old man.

“You? How did you ever get a name like Hans Olaffsen?”

“Is simple,” says the old man. "Many, many year ago when come to this country, was stand in line at Documentation Center. Man in front was big blonde Swede. Lady look at him and go, “What your name?” He say, "“Hans Olaffsen.”

Then she look at me and go, ‘What your name?’"

“I say, Sem Ting.”

Stand By Your Man

The woman’s husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day. One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.

As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, You know what?

You have been with me all through the bad times, when I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were still by my side . . . You know what?

What dear?

…she gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth.

I think you’re bad luck.

Deodorant

The blonde walks into a pharmacy and asks the assistant for some bottom deodorant. The pharmacist, a little bemused, explains to the woman that they don’t sell bottom deodorant, and never have.

Unfazed, the blonde assures the pharmacist that she has been buying the stuff from this store on a regular basis, and would like some more.

“I’m sorry,” says the pharmacist, “we don’t have any.”

“But I always get it here,” says the blonde.

“Do you have the container it comes in?”

“Yes!” said the blonde, “I will go and get it.”

She returns with the container and hands it to the chemist who looks at it and says to her, “This is just a normal stick of underarm deodorant.”

The annoyed blonde snatches the container back and reads out loud from the container, “To apply, push up bottom.”

The Parrots

A lady approaches her priest and tells him, “Father, I have a problem. I have two female talking parrots, but they only know how to say one thing.” “What do they say?” the priest inquired. “They only know how to say, ‘Hi, we’re prostitutes. Want to have some fun?’”

“That’s terrible!” the priest exclaimed, “but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots whom I taught to pray and read the bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship.” “Thank you!” the woman responded.

The next day the woman brings her female parrots to the priest’s house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The lady puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots. Immediately, the female parrots say, “Hi, we’re prostitutes, want to have some fun?” One male parrot looks over at the other male parrot and exclaims, “Put the beads away. Our prayers have been answered!”

Chicken wire

An old man was sitting on his front porch down in Louisiana watching the sunrise. He sees the neighbor’s kid walk by carrying something big under his arm. He yells out, “Hey boy, Whittier got there?”

Boy yells back, “Roll of chicken wire,”

Old man says, “what you gonna do with that?”

Boy says, “Gonna catch some chickens,”

Old man yells, “you damn fool, you can’t catch chickens with chicken wire!” Boy just laughs and keeps walking.

That evening at sunset, the boy comes walking by and to the old man’s surprise he is dragging behind him the chicken wire with about 30 chickens caught in it.

Same time next morning the old man is out watching the sunrise and he sees the boy walk by carrying something kind of round in his hand.

Old man yells out “Hey boy, Whittier got there?”

Boy yells back “Roll of duct tape.”

Old man says “What you gonna do with that?”

Boy says back “Gonna catch me some ducks”.

Old man yells back, “You damn fool, you can’t catch ducks with duct tape!” Boy just laughs and keeps walking.

That night around sunset the boy walks by coming home, and to the old man’s amazement he is trailing behind him the unrolled roll of duck tape with about 35 ducks caught in it.

Same time next morning the old man sees the boy walking by carrying what looks like a long reed with something fuzzy on the end. The Old man says “Hey boy, Whittier got there?”

Boy says “It’s a pussy willow.”

Old man says “Wait up, I’ll get my hat.”

A Jew, a Catholic and a Mormon

A Jew, a Catholic and a Mormon were having drinks at the bar after an interfaith convention.

The Jew, bragging about his virility said “I have four sons, one more and I’ll have a basketball team!.”

The Catholic poo-poohed this acomplishment, stating, “Thats nothing boy, I have 10 sons, one more and I’ll have a football team.”

To which the Mormon replied, “You fellers ain’t got a clue. I have 17 wives, one more and I’ll have a golf course!.”

they have brighten my day :slight_smile:

needed it after 3 days and 50 Ltrs of paint from doing the garage breeze blocks white.