Lifemapper

Originally posted by Jeff
Well… ummm… you’ll see. :smiley:

:scared:

Looks like you will :stomp: me this weekend:eek: Oh well, it’s good for the team plus me beeing heavy busy with the Gauntlet too.

TPR today: 9 members, place 25

At this pace on 20 next week. :smiley:
Picardians, here we come!

Hey, mappers.

Just added recent work log to the personal profiles. Check and see what critters your PC was crunching lately… crunch, crunch…

Cheers, Lifemappy.

Nice! :thumbsup:

[edit]VERY nice! :cheers: :wink:
[/edit]

Added a couple-a-machines™©® to the cause.

Anybody else having as much fun as I am jumping around all the different projects? I know it sounds silly but I really enjoy it and so far I feel VERY satisfied with my participation in Lifemapper. It’s extremely cool being able to actually see what you’ve contributed. :thumbsup:

Remember… I am the maker of one smiley… one smiley in my entire life have a modified and it sums up my personality and views on life quite nicely… it is… it is… this…

:amstupid:

:wink:

Originally posted by Jeff
Anybody else having as much fun as I am jumping around all the different projects? I know it sounds silly but I really enjoy it and so far I feel VERY satisfied with my participation in Lifemapper. It’s extremely cool being able to actually see what you’ve contributed. :thumbsup:

Well, I don’t do Folding or Genome (Finished?) and was getting a bit disillusioned/bored of Seti so LifeMapper is a perfect tonic for me.

A shame I can’t put the second cruncher to work on it as it isn’t net connected but it is connected to this one so it can still do Seti whilst this one has some time out to do a few species.

I have put the screensaver on my work desktop :smiley: however, being a lowly P200 and in use all the time the machine is switched on, I think it is completing 1 job every 2 days :frowning:

I am still dedicating 99% of my time to Seti, whilst this Guantlet is in progress but after that…I think a little timeout and a 50% switch to LifeMapper will be in order:D

Very nice and it’s realtime data :wink:

One question:
What does the Status (Submitted | Archived) mean? Is it about verification or somethink else?

@ barcode
Welcome to the mapping cause :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job
A shame I can’t put the second cruncher to work on it as it isn’t net connected but it is connected to this one

:confused:
I have it running on a machine on my internal network. Did you try connection sharing or some other sort of proxy software?

1 thing I had to do here: Installing IE6sp1 to get LifeMapper to connect on my NT4 and Win2k machines; deinstalled IE on 1 machine again and Lifemapper still can connect. Whatever M$ left on there … it must have been needed. :confused:
And while others have success running 2 lifemapper processes on a dually it does not work for me (second process is crashing right after the start).

Originally posted by Len
:confused:
I have it running on a machine on my internal network. Did you try connection sharing or some other sort of proxy software?

No mate.

The second machine is actually my kids machine (4yr old and 6yr old) and in the interests of safety, it is not net connected on purpose.

As they get older, I am sure I will have to change that but by then, it will probably be directly connected to a router.

For the moment though, it salves my conscience a little that it is still doing seti full-time;) :smiley:

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job
[B]No mate.

The second machine is actually my kids machine (4yr old and 6yr old) and in the interests of safety, it is not net connected on purpose.[/B]

Agreed

For the moment though, it salves my conscience a little that it is still doing seti full-time;) :smiley:

Agreed again :smiley:

Originally posted by Len
[B]TPR today: 10 members, place 23

At this pace on 20 next week. :smiley:
Picardians, here we come! [/B]

Welcome to barcode, that is some crunching mate:thumbsup:

On track for top 20 by next week:nod:

Originally posted by Len
[B]@ barcode
Welcome to the mapping cause :slight_smile:

And while others have success running 2 lifemapper processes on a dually it does not work for me (second process is crashing right after the start). [/B]

I’ve started running two instances of lifemapper on a single cpu machine so lifemapper is getting every cpu cycle, increase in the individual work unit time is about 20%.

Now running on my duallie as a permanent thing - amusing that to use all the cpu I have to run 4instances on it :eek:

DT.

I have a problem with one of my machines. It doesn’t seem to be able to connect to the server:

“Could not connect to server. Will try again in five minutes.”

If I restart the client it doesn’t work. If I restart Window it doesn’t work. The machine can browser the Internet. However it works on another machine on my network fine.

Weird, any ideas.

Originally posted by barcode
[B]I have a problem with one of my machines. It doesn’t seem to be able to connect to the server:

If I restart the client it doesn’t work. If I restart Window it doesn’t work. The machine can browser the Internet. However it works on another machine on my network fine.

Weird, any ideas. [/B]

Patience is a virtue: it seems to be working again now :confused:

Maybe their line was just saturated… doesn’t bod well. We’ll see I guess.

Originally posted by barcode
[B]I have a problem with one of my machines. It doesn’t seem to be able to connect to the server:

Weird, any ideas. [/B]

I get that same error every single time whether the net connection is active or not (56k dialup) - the 2nd attempt 5mins later is always successful…

This is kewl, 18 mins for a XP2400 on an amphibian. Looks like it is a bit less hard on this Desknote, temps are down a bit from seti.

Len:

Just put together an answer to your question about job statuses: here

Cheers, Lifemapper

I’ll set my work machine onto this little project me thinks. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by lifemapper
[B]Len:

Cheers, Lifemapper [/B]

Thanks Lifemapper:thumbsup:

Would seem that the p200 does a unit in just over 13hours:scared: and this xp2100@2280Mhz does them in 27minutes:D :yippee:

Originally posted by lifemapper
[B]Len:

Cheers, Lifemapper [/B]

THX for the info.