Little chicken

So I’m stuck out here in France on my ow currently ‘watching’ while browsing the web a Peter Sellers film. Another english humour ‘classic’ that I don’t find funny link Monty Python (/me dons flame proof undies).

And at some stage during the film a elephant daubed in different slogans starts walking around (were’nt the 60/70’s great? :smiley: ) and one of the slogans was

‘Little chicken was right’

Now I was born in 77, and have no idea what this is alluding to. Can any of the ‘senior’ members help me out here?

1968 and no idea

Iknow the film is called “The Party”, but I have no idea what the chicken thing means

CHICKEN LITTLE WAS RIGHT!

We are probably all familiar with the children’s poem about Chicken Little. This rather "dumb cluck" was struck on the head with an acorn and she immediately concluded that the sky was falling. She quickly gathered her friends, Goosey Loosey, Ducky Lucky and Turkey Lurky, sharing her alarming news with them. As the panicked group ran off to tell the king, the cunning Foxy Loxy had them all for lunch, literally.

No doubt this little poem was first written to poke some fun at those who preach and teach about the end of the world. Yet, there is more and more evidence, both from the Bible and from the world around us that Chicken Little may have been right.

:smiley:

OK, I admit, I’ve had a few glasses of wine.

However I think wha I’ve drunk is ANYWHERE near as strong as what you’ve drunk or smoked. Fair play :smiley:

its just a cut & paste from web the reason’s in there :wink:

and some link just for laughs and has nothing to do with the question :smiley:

The story
http://www.geocities.com/mjloundy/

The pending 2005 film :wink:

take statement…

No doubt this little poem was first written to poke some fun at those who preach and teach about the end of the world. Yet, there is more and more evidence, both from the Bible and from the world around us that Chicken Little may have been right.

Then think 70’s

you forgot cocky locky

Beach Boys … T REX … Free … :wink:

The Clash were 70’s were’nt they?

the clash was the 80s

OFF topic

I’m still none the wiser on who the jimminy chicken little was? :confused:

:nono: Chicken Licken :smiley:

:nod: Chicken Licken. I thought that too but didn’t post in case my early memory was playing tricks on me. Wouldn’t want to risk ridicule in here :smiley: