Low Power Consumption Rigs

Cheers guys.

I’ll look at either the shuttle even after what Mojo says as I can put up with noise, I can cope with cheap (media center case is a PC World “special”) and wont be using either Optical in/outs or firewire really. It’s nice and small and looks better on the desk than the Asus Pundit would I think mainly due to height.

I could get away with a USB CD player I reckon and then that would free up electric for when it’s not in use and not plugged in.

It’s now a case of deliberating. I’ll probably be getting the AM2 3800 x2 route though. Seems nice chip from a quick look round.
It’s mainly the case I’m looking for now…Torn between the Shuttle and Asus one’s. :frowning:

[QUOTE=drezha;366801]Cheers for that Mojo. I wouldn’t have had a clue, never owning a shuttle before. I hadn’t considered any of the Asus systems as they all appeared a bit on the large side.

Both those systems seem quite nice. They do seem better than the shuttles price wise. Only Skt40 ones they do on eBuyer are the SK22G and another one for ~£300 :eek: Seem larger than I wanted but if the Shuttle is awful, I’ll have to go this other root. They’re certainly not bad cases. And they’re quiet which is what I want. Cheers mojo :thumbsup:

Wonder what they’re like for underclocking though…[/QUOTE]

I am a Shuttle fan, not knocking Shuttles in general I do have six here :slight_smile: But I have both AM2 models EBuyer sell and the other one (SN27P2) is my Media HTPC and is a superb piece of kit, very quiet, very powerful and fully featured. The SK22G is cheap but in this case (pun intended) you get what you pay for.

As to size, the effective size of the Pundit is about the same as a Shuttle in desktop terms, I know the other is bigger but I did say by that point I was just musing…

Looks like either put up with a slightly larger PC (not saying those Asus ones were bad, Mojo, I quite like them but after seeing the Shuttles from Mojo’s, I like them)

In fact I may go the Asus route, so not to follow the crowd :wink:

mac mini … :wink:

DT.

Any idea on this case?
http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=9374&category_id=64&manufacturer_id=0

Looks like a nice little system case. Also cheaper.
Might have a look around CCL as well for the parts

No experience of that model, but I have got an Ideq 210P (S754) which is based on the same chassis. Pleasant enough but not quite up to Shuttle’s standards IMO.