Media Center

Well I’m quite chuffed as it’s my first proper build…
My media center…

Pity about the drive…I’m aiming to get a black one. This is made from bits and bobs that were cheap to pick up. I was impressed with the case to be honest. Fairly unassuming. Looks quite nice, quality isn’t highest (it was a PC World £25 job) but it has some nice touches. Like the blue fan mount on the rear…can have a 120mm fan mounted with no screws…just clip on.

Can see it there…
Not sure if it’s a case problem (probably) but the gfx card doesn’t sit right so caused restarts etc. Thing it might be sorted if I cut the metal guard section off the end of the card…

Overall a nice quiet system. (Duron 1800, 80Gb Drive, nVidia FX5200 (when I fit it…), 512Mb Corsair RAM cooled by a 120mm fan on rear). My laptop is louder!:flip:

Had to play with the motherboard (see my posts before…oh it must be the motherboard, as I’ve tested the fully working Duron in it and no go…) so I reckon I can class it as a proper build. The bloody thermal grease stains something proper:sigh: :rolleyes: Overall I’m impressed mightily. Though I’m not sure if I’ve wired the headphones and speaker on the front right…I know the USB ports dont work…:frowning:

nice…does look a nice system… I got a few things like that I want to do…

my top project rught now is to setup a domain for my dad to use the computer downstairs so I can make it easier for him to just have the sites he wants and not let him be able to kill the os… :lol: simple one im just lazy…

Whats os are you going to use on that system ?

Thinking a Ubuntu distribution.

Will try and have a play on Qemu if I can to see if I can get everything I want working before I mess with the OS on the machine. Save installing etc. Found a linux program (MYthTV) that replicates the Window Media Centre functions.

I was also considering Windows Media Centre…