MODS <--- In here please

Not trying to stir or anything but a post about CD covers gets closed while a personal insult

"Yeah i know it was you. Witt and being funny is one thing but you’re just an arse "

Gets full view?

Lets have some equality here lads!

Calm please gentlemen.

Originally posted by richardlellisjr
Calm please gentlemen.

I’m calm, I just don’t understand why ‘forum breaking posts’ are not locked?

Is it not a fair query?

'You are an arse" Is that not a personal attack?

Ciccio what do you want me to say, the mods only do their best to try and keep the peace at all times, sometimes it’s a fine line, sometimes not everyone will agree with how things are handled.

:frowning:

So a member calling another an arse is fine, but wanker crosses that line?

Now that is a very very fine line indeed!

Written rules don’t seem to matter.

I have deleted a post from this thread.

I do not believe that the Mods tolerate malicious personal insults, although I confess to sometimes being cautious as what appears to be insults is sometimes banter from mIRC etc spilling into the forums.

As for SB’s thread being closed, there was concern raised that the amount of chat about filesharing etc on the forums is getting to be cause from concern. We do not want Mincer, Rids or Mojo facing prosecution for what members may, or may not, get up to.

The Mod team do, IMHO, an excellent job walking a very, very fine line between allowing the freedoms we take for granted on TPR and enforcing the few rules we have.

Originally posted by Alta Rica
[B]I have deleted a post from this thread.

I do not believe that the Mods tolerate malicious personal insults, although I confess to sometimes being cautious as what appears to be insults is sometimes banter from mIRC etc spilling into the forums.

As for SB’s thread being closed, there was concern raised that the amount of chat about filesharing etc on the forums is getting to be cause from concern. We do not want Mincer, Rids or Mojo facing prosecution for what members may, or may not, get up to.

The Mod team do, IMHO, an excellent job walking a very, very fine line between allowing the freedoms we take for granted on TPR and enforcing the few rules we have. [/B]

Thanks for owning up Alta.

There is still a malicious insult (in fact the one I’m brining all this up about still on the forums)

If you decide you want to stop all illegal chats (which is fair enough and I fully agree with) then do it so that ALL such threads get closed. Not an innocent one that is used as a scapegoat.

It is no longer there. I have edited that thread.

Originally posted by Alta Rica
It is no longer there. I have edited that thread.

Thank you Alta.

Some modicum of normality returns.

ummm I’m not usually one to talk about these things as I usually end losing my temper but SBs thread being closed does seem a little harsh:confused:

As for the insult, well as grown ups I’m sure we’ve heard alot harsher.

I think in general the mods do OK but we are all human and to err is but human. We all make mistakes and I for one think that people should remember that.

Kissy Kissy

@Ciccio - I spoke with the person on the receiving end this afternoon, tried to calm things down. I did seriously consider deleting the comments but things seemed to had become calmer and no-one specifically asked me to.

We all made light of it in the thread, as we are all grownups, well,
most are :stuck_out_tongue:

And now a message from our sponsors:

CHILL WINSTON!!!

:stuck_out_tongue: