Name something you love about your job

All too often we complain about our jobs, so I thought it was time for a thread to name something you love about your job :smiley:

For me, I think it would have to be going outside early hours of the morning to sit for a short bit and watch the sun start to rise :slight_smile: I actually like most aspects of my job, but that’s deffo my favourite cause it’s so peaceful & calming :smiley:

the fact its 4 miles away from home so takes no time to get home at the end of the day

They Pay me?

I cant really say there is much i like about my current one, apart from it being part-time, quite well paid and and I have little reporting responsibility to anyone but myself. But its not satisfying.

How varied it is I guess, from fault diagnosis on CNC machines to meeting customers and tackling new work. :slight_smile:

Actually… having just spent the last hour getting a new job going I think on refection i just like making stuff ! Taking a lump of metal and cutting it is just fun :cool:

Nothing comes to mind…

I really like the following

Relatively well paid
Always using the latest tech
Great, fun bunch of colleagues

Wot he said.

Well that and the free KFC i get :stuck_out_tongue: tho i am starting to get sick of the stuff now!

Knowing that they don’t really know what exactly I do and how I do it, but they can’t find anything wrong with what I do, do, whatever it is. :chuckle:

the fact that I just got told I’m loosing mine,

well I’m being moved

to a job where I’m not just going to be shuffling paper most of the time, somewhere where I’m going to have to think.

yay for me

Amount of Information at finger tips
Dicking around in the mornings
Being in the know… of projects and gov policies months in advanced.

got to admit to having to think a lot about this one to pick my favourite - and I’m going to be really sad and say that it’s all about the people I work with. The work has ups and downs like any job does, but it’s the people that make the difference to how you cope with the ups and downs.

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;425321]got to admit to having to think a lot about this one to pick my favourite - and I’m going to be really sad and say that it’s all about the people I work with. The work has ups and downs like any job does, but it’s the people that make the difference to how you cope with the ups and downs.

DT.[/QUOTE]

Very true :agree: I don’t have colleagues around me for a lot of the night (except weekends when there’s been functions) but the times they are there good because we all work together & have a laugh with no bitching at all. Makes a completely refreshing change from working in an (government) office and all the bitching & office politics that go with it.

have to say: well paid, travel to different countries and the people i work with. Oh and manouvering big stuff close to rigs;)

The mandatory weekly status reports are optional.

Actually I agree with everyone above who said its the people. I work for an IT department that is very diverse. We have coders (I’m one), system admin’s, project engineering types, budget people, the list goes on… --Anyway, we have diverse backgrounds, and my point is: If you need help, everyone of them will find the time to help you if you need it.

I’ve not started it yet? :chuckle:

Flexi-time, i cna put in lots of hours at the start of the week/month, then take it easy towards the end of the week/month, also means i can take afternoons off to play golf whenever i feel like it!

I love the time where I’m just about to go home!