Next Gen Console War ?

Is it more than just a console war ?

reading the above article is interesting…and the fact that 40k 360’s went on Ebay :open_mouth:

:flip:

An interesting article, but I think that with the recent Sony shambles they are going to need something really special to get the loyalty back that they have seen with Playstation users. There is another side to it besides the capacity and storage issue though, how many end users will simply not like the idea of having all computers in the house a part of the Bill Gates empire ?

Sony have staked a lot of blu-ray, the future will have some interesting battles. Personally I think MS are taking the correct route, being slightly innovative and keeping customers happy, whereas Sony over recent weeks have been deconstructive and upsetting customers. Regardless of technology Sony need to rethink the customer relations department, something we know MS are very good at.

DT.

I think that M$ have made the right decision by going with DVD, in my opinion that dvd will and should be the last media on disk. With internet speeds at a new level ( youd know that DT :wink: ) you can get films in under an hour…and I think this will be the way to go… its only time before comapnys work it out…

Whats better than downloading a film to yer media centre pc whilst yer eating your dinner…then go an watch it ?

:Offtopic:
there are very few sites that have a big enough pipe for me to actually use the full whack 10Mb :frowning: I’m sure they’ll catch up. :smiley: But then most files are downloaded before the speed gets a chance to start to go up :lol: Certainly true of the mp3’s from Tesco download.com

DT.

Have I told you yet that I hate you DT?

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

And one last, I hate you;)

:lol:

but consider this will be sony leaving you download there films and nice big comapnys with nice fat pipes… maybe using the bittorrent protocal…

and people could be rewarded with seeding more :wink:

:Offtopic: it tooks years for the music industry to even start to embrace digital downloads, movies at the moment are not even looking at how to provide, they are looking at how to prevent :furious: :cuckoo:

DT.

:offtopic:
I dont know mind… I read somewhere that Sony have digitalized 5000 films ready for distrobution…and they said that they would charge £7 for an .avi film…and £14 to be able to burn it !!