OCUK's Forums

Anyone else going to own up to visiting the forums over on the dark side today to be greated by a 9/11 gallery?

no chance, Im banned;)

Theres plenty more welcoming places to choose from and I’ve been busy watching the following sites today

www.cert.org
www.rathergood.com/buffy/

Spie did the same last year as I recall. As well as honouring the needless loss of life caused to thousands in the WTC attacks, the WTC also has a personal significance to Spie as I believe it was where he proposed to his wife. It must be particularly difficult to associate such joyful personal memories with such humanitarian disaster. Something that will no doubt stay in the mind for life.

Spie, we’ve had our differences in the past, but my best wishes go out to you and C. today.

Last year I discussed the issue of closing the TPR boards with ridds. Our feeling was that the internet as well as being a forum for people all around to world to come together across physical and cultural boundaries, was also one of the main sources for people to obtain news and information about the 9/11 tragedy as it unfolded. As such, we felt that we should keep the TPR forums open.

Matt.

OK Mincer, point taken.

I didn’t realize there was a personal connection with the WTC for Spie.

Haven’t been there yet but I intend to later in the year.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/index.html

:frowning:

It’s hard for me today. I’m trying to avoid seeing this all relived. I was there and so was my wife. We both lost many friends. We are lucky to be here.

I don’t know whether to scream “shut up already” or be grateful so many people who weren’t there care.

Perhaps the best thing is direct my anger toward the French who seem to like all kinds of terrorists from the Lockerbie Libians to the Syrans.

I lost seven friends in the Lockerbie attack.

I’m so sorry for you Richard. :frowning:

I don’t know whether to scream “shut up already” or be grateful so many people who weren’t there care.

In this day and age of “shock” TV… I really don’t think this day and the press coverage it is getting is for “shock”. I genuinely believe that it is because people care…

Originally posted by True
no chance, Im banned;)

ditto :slight_smile:

Originally posted by richardlellisjr
It’s hard for me today. I’m trying to avoid seeing this all relived. I was there and so was my wife. We both lost many friends. We are lucky to be here.

Sorry you lost friends like that Richard. Glad you and yours made it out. I also agree with Jeff that people are remembering because they care.

why isnt there a Thread in the forums remembering the people that were lost?

I’d rather remember it at the place that for me was the only
site on the net fast enough to actually get to while all the
news sites were jammed.

You need to be a member but DSLR for me is where if anywhere
i’ll remember that day as on that day the people here were
witnessing the actual events as it happened well before it
reached the on-line news services.

A thread has been started already…
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,7932110~root=watercooler~mode=flat

Originally posted by LUC1FER
why isnt there a Thread in the forums remembering the people that were lost?

I mean no disrespect by the following comments but if you would like one, why don’t you start one? It’s not as if anyone can’t do it.

Originally posted by Jeff
[B]CNN.com - September 11 Memorial

:frowning: [/B]

:frowning: Sad to see all those people that are no more. A few younger than me, a lot right about my age.:frowning: Very sad. Today at the local arts center they had video and pictures by Magnum Photographers. Just stopping in like here and one other place before heading for the smithsonian. The video they had brought back all the feelings of sadness, anger, and all that I had two years ago when it happen.:frowning:

It is not only the dead and the bereaved that need to be remembered.

Many families were made destitute because of the wider impact on the economy of 9/11. For example - when all the airlines massively cut back on staff many families could no longer afford to feed themselves through no fault of their own. These people do not get access to the support network that those directly affected do, but are victims nonetheless.

My thoughts and prayers are with all victims.

Originally posted by True
no chance, Im banned;)

I don’t let something as trivial as that stop me posting there :wink:

Originally posted by pamplemoose
I don’t let something as trivial as that stop me posting there :wink:
Be careful Pamps or you’ll get yourself banned :smiley: , double accounts are strictly forbidden there.:wink:

Originally posted by The Balrog
Be careful Pamps or you’ll get yourself banned :smiley: , double accounts are strictly forbidden there.:wink:

Even if your 1st one is banned, I must ask that question :wink: