Oh great

Just had NTL in putting a set top box in for jack as a surprise for him being good and what happens is his telly goes on the blink just typical so we have got another telly comming 22 inch tv not too bad there for a not bad price.

Telephoned house insurance to put a claim in for the telly thats broke and they say that i have to see if it can be reapired b4 i can make a claim phoned up a guy free call out charge and free estimate then it will be 50 quid plus parts to get it fixed god knows how much thats gonna cost us the telly was only 130 quid to start with and the video part is broken too bet the stupid thing costs more to be fixed than i first payed for it wondering how i can swing it if it costs more than its worth to get him to say is beyond repair.

He is comming round tomorrow to give us a quote so lets see how much he tries and cons us if we think its silly money he will be kicked out in his ear for being cheeky lol

So its just typical the thing going on the blink when jacks gets cartoons on tap :frowning:

My Dad had a similar experience with a VCR a few years ago (when VCR’s were more expensive than they are now).

Unfortunately he stumbled on the way out to the car whilst taking it to be looked at and it fell on the path and was smashed to bits. The insurance company then had little option but to accept it was beyond repair.

Unfortunately he stumbled on the way out to the car whilst taking it to be looked at and it fell on the path and was smashed to bits. The insurance company then had little option but to accept it was beyond repair.

Indeed. Unfortunate that.

Andy’s such a clumsy oaf i could just see him knocking it of the table onto Helens laptop smashing them both :wink:

me wonders if that idea would work with the hall/stairs/landing carpet :smiley: :smiley:

Well jack now has his new tv its a lot bigger than his portable he had b4 well you will never guess what andy put the portable in our room after being off for a few hours and the stupid thing darn thing started working just the tv mind not the video but how many videos do i really watch so now we all own a tv so it worked out for the best for all of us really. :smiley:

I dropped a plastic can of emulsion paint when coming through the front door. The plastic can split and 2.5 litres of emulsion promptly went all over the hall and stairs carpet. To be fair, I did try to mop it up, and even got a professional in but it was deemed beyond repair and so we got a new hall/stairs/landing carpet.

I do remember my next door neighbour having a bit of a faux pas with a PC i gave him, was an old Athlon 900, he was moving it upstairs when he ‘accidentaly’ dropped it and it fell down the stairs, his insurance company forked out for a brand new top of the range pentium 4 jobby with DVD writer et al.

It was only after they replaced it i asked him what all the bricks/carpet were on the back patio, and why i had seen him trying to smash something between that carpet…

hee hee, initiative and forward planning :smiley:

do it down the stairs… you was painting and the pot fell :wink: splashed all over the wallpaper too… youll need that replaced aswell :wink: :lol:

Does it include workmen to fix it?

Because I can see the The Balrog planning his next decorating move :wink:

direct line do they r alway banging on about they find the workmen to come out and do whatever 4 u

More like it will give Mrs Balrog ideas about getting the work finished i know it has given me ideas about getting the work andy has started to be finished :wink:

sounds familiar there are 2 strips of wallpaper waitin to go up in my mums living room and they have been like that since January, cant complain MD did really well and did the rest of the room in one day just not the two last strips…ugh