PCformat says goodbye to SKZ

PCFormat saying goodbye :rolleyes:

Looks like Michael has finally shutdown the hp.:frowning:

Forget that gained access again

Hello,

Since Christian has dropped into the PC Format forums, I thought it would be only right to return the favour :slight_smile: It’s just a shame that the Ex-Skz dont have the same crunching power of old to continue the epic battle :frowning: I always enjoyed those battles, gave everyone that little extra incentive to crunch harder. All of the Skz members are always welcome to visit the PC Format Forum to say hello, and even interact with us, we dont bite honestly :wink:

It’s good to see that many of you are still crunching, and not given up on the project altogether, I wish you all good luck in your future adventures.

Certainly very nice of the PCFormat team to wish
the Skz’ers well :thumbsup: just goes to show what
a great team they had.

PCF SETI salutes anyone that has crunched a single unit for Seti@home (there are quite a few that joined and never crunched a single unit, PCF SETI has over 1000 inactives alone), no matter which team it is for, we are all crunching towards a common goal to find E.T. But a bit of friendly rivalry is always good.

Thanks for your kindness toward the Skz fallout :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Jason Lewis
PCF SETI salutes anyone that has crunched a single unit for Seti@home (there are quite a few that joined and never crunched a single unit, PCF SETI has over 1000 inactives alone), no matter which team it is for, we are all crunching towards a common goal to find E.T. But a bit of friendly rivalry is always good.

Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

Originally posted by Neal Chantrill
for me it really was a sad day when Michael decided to close forever. You really do think of it as home

I can understand that, if PCF SETI would to call it a day, I know quite a few of the members would feel lost without the team around them, hopefully this will never happen, we already have plans to move onto BOINC, and the vast majority of the active members want to continue. It’s just a shame that Skz ran its course really, we were looking forward to another battle from an even playing field.

You can have another battle with an even playing field… Either cut your team down to size to match our VT “ex-Skz” or increase your team size to that of TPR and it’ll be an even more epic battle. Are you game?

I know, I know. Change is hard, especially adding enough members to get to 600… I know I’ve never recruited a single soul to SETI:(

It’s pretty hard to find active members to join the team these days, PCF SETI number 1362, but only 271 actively crunch, which is a little annoying, but the active members more than make up for it. As for the challenge, we never back down from a challenge, makes crunching a little more interesting, and beating ones rivals is always fun. But a level playing field will always be difficult.

I smell a future challenge when BOINC arrives. TPR vs. PC Floor…err PC Format. :slight_smile:

Seriously, it’s good to know a few PCF folks have given some consideration to those of us from Skz that continued to crunch.

:agree: wot Celtic… said

Yes, thank you all for the kind words at the demise of what was one of the best Seti teams out there.

Your support (and now being a home to many of the Skz refugees) is greatly appreciated.

Michael “The Saint” Halliwell