Question about seti@home account

Ive got a question for you guys :confused: my e-mail address that i use for login on to my seti@home account (karlloss@madasafish.com ) is about to go inactive on the 14 Aug (policy change from isp) will this cause me any problems and if so whats the best thing to do.
cheers

I suggest you change the email address for your SETI account to one you’re currently using, else if in future you need to move your account but have lost your password you’d be stuffed 'cause you couldn’t get it emailed to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot have now done :thumbsup:

What happens to any Wu’s that are downloaded under your old e-mail addy?

I think they’re only sent back against your user id, should stay the same irrespective of any change to email addy*:

[b]my [i]user_info.sah[/i] file:[/b]

type=user info
id=3895842
key=1199037542
email_addr=
name=lil' riddler
url=
country=
postal_code=
show_name=no
show_email=no
venue=0
register_time= 2452494.18396 (Wed Aug 07 16:24:54 2002)
last_wu_time=       0.00000
last_result_time= 2452842.30802 (Mon Jul 21 19:23:32 2003)
nwus=0
nresults=1020
total_cpu=27016409.396889
params_index=0

* riddlermarc is in no way responsible for any loss of wu’s or results if anyone actually pays attention to what is written above

Cherrs Rids I have been meaning to change my e-mail addy also…maybe I will wait to see what happens to someone else first :smiley:

Hi again chaps, I’ve changed email addy before whilst still having a large number of results stashed, I never had any problems, I was credited with the results as usual. What riddlemarc said about them using your user ID is correct.

Originally posted by Markjcj
Hi again chaps, I’ve changed email addy before whilst still having a large number of results stashed, I never had any problems, I was credited with the results as usual. What riddlemarc said about them using your user ID is correct.

Cheers Mark :slight_smile: