Rackmount server free to collector

Another one - getting fed up of avoiding tripping up over it.

Free to collector - Reading, Berkshire RG6 postcode

DT.

Got some more specs on that? I’m mostly interested in the possible storage, 10 3.5" bays? I could be passing that way Thursday evening.

I’ll check through the other cupboards and get back to you, pretty sure I have the motherboard manual hiding in there somewhere.
I think the SATA card may need a new battery in it, but otherwise it seemed to still boot after all these years.
All the drive bays are empty, from when it was taken out of service many years ago.

DT.

https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S3950_S3950G2NR

amcc 3ware 9550sx-4/8lp si-port
The original booklet of stuff that came with it

1 Like

Thanks, looks like the hardware is older than I thought but I’m still interested in the storage potential. The drive bays, they’re SATA? Are the red cables regular SATA? Can they be removed at either case or card end? I’m thinking if I can use this at all I’d need to replace the mobo and raid card with something more modern. It’ll be mostly reused as a case to hold a load of HDs. Assuming that is the case I’ll take it.

If you’re available tomorrow evening, I can get to yours some time… I dunno, but I’d leave Maidenhead area after 6pm tomorrow?

Cables are indeed all regular SATA and I seem to recall it had standard sata drives in Raid5 when in use.

I’ll DM you the address, I’m normally in the office until 7pm so should be just about right.

DT.

woohoo - some more space in the office