Seti driver/spy as service

I know this has probably been discussed countless times before, but how do I install SetiDriver and SetiSpy as a service on WinXP Pro? My wife just got a new 2.4g Dell Laptop and she says I can load it with seti, but she doesnt want to have to manually start it or minimize any windows like i have to with a shortcut on the Startup menu.

I want to load SetiDriver since it will not be connected to network all the time. Is there something better to load as a service than SetiDriver? I would prefer Driver since that is what I have loaded on my machines currently and am familiar with it.

Thanks for help

Steve

You need seti service & seti queue services m8, there should be links to the relevnat files in the sticky

SB

Just move them to the startup folder, then it starts whenever you start your machine:)

Originally posted by Endre
Just move them to the startup folder, then it starts whenever you start your machine:)

Thats how I have it on my machines, but upon every start, I have to minimize the SetiDriver. My wife doesnt want to do it. BUt I found the instructions on the AMDMB site.

There can be some niggly issues running Driver as a service so I’d recommend the shortcut route.

All you have to do, is having created your shortcut, go into its properties and change the Run: option from Normal Window to Minimized and it will auto-minimize itself on start :slight_smile:

Thanks Mulda. That seems to do the trick!

Else you can create an entry in the registry

go to

\HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and there create an string>>call it what ever you want >>doubleClick>>enter the path to your folder were Setidriver is located and add “-min”
should look like this

“c:\seticli\setidriver.exe” -min

The ‘-min’ tells Driver to start in tray.
That way there is nothing in the startup folder and cannot be deleted by fault