SetiQ Q

got setiq running on an XP box behind a linux firewall.

have (I think) set the linux iptables to forward traffic for port 5517 to the XP machine.

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP --dport 5517 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.2

thing is, I’ve tried connecting from a remote machine but get the error

connect: No such file or directory

from seti cmd line under seti driver.

I can’t see anything being dropped on the firewall but I’m not sure I’m logging everything.
any thoughts on how to check where it’s falling over ? What do I need to set the “Queue settings” to w.r.t. ip and subnet to allow remote machines to download wooz?

cheers !

Dunno if this will help, but i set the ip and sub of my setiQ to 0.0.0.0 ensuring that nothing is blocked by accident.

Can the setiQ ping the borkeley server?

Are you running Q as an app or as a service? If it’s as a service, quit it and run the app for a bit, you get to see immediate messages at the bottom of the window when things are trying to connect.

Can you pull up the html pages of setiQ from the client?

SB

Cheers for the reply mate :slight_smile:

SetiQ is up and running just peachy, uploading, downloading yadda yadda.

I wondered about the ip/subnet settings, currently 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 - I tried 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255 but that didn’t work.

Q is running as an app but nothing’s getting through from the remote machine.

Will try the html idea - cheers :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Spaceboy
I wondered about the ip/subnet settings, currently 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 - I tried 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255 but that didn’t work.

Your SQ server has the IP 192.168.0.2, so put this value into the IP address field.
Your subnet is 192.168.0.x?
So you subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0; allowing access from your whole subnet but not from other subnets.

Originally posted by Len
So you subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0; allowing access from your whole subnet but not from other subnets.

That’s just the point… I ~want~ to allow access from all subnets